There are times I get a bit ranty on here. It could be about Geeks being horrible people, it could be about the buyout of Star Wars by Disney, or it could be over something that, in retrospect, was really stupid. Since, in all honesty, I need to take some time tonight to futz around with Adobe Premiere Pro, I’m giving you all some links to some of my favorite “Geek Soapbox” posts, and why I like them. Some of these are going to go way back to when I started the blog back up after the crash of ’11, so if you’ve ever been curious as to how I’ve grown and evolved as a blogger, here’s your chance to find out.
So, without further ado, here’s a few of my favorite Soapbox posts!
- The Mouse and the Force (10/31/2012) – Wait, Disney bought Star Wars? OH, NO…. or OH, YES? Time has shown us it was the latter, but back then? What did I think?
- Don’t Be Ashamed of What You Don’t Know (10/23/2013) – It feels that, sometimes, Geeks are expected to be subject matter experts on everything! If you can’t name the line-up of the 1986 Avengers roster, know who Willrow Hood is, or answer “Kirk or Picard?” with “Archer”, then you’re considered a phony. Frak those who think that.
- Geek Thoughts: Guilty Pleasures (12/11/13) – Stop calling it a “guilty pleasure.” Embrace it. Own it. Love it.
- Geek Thoughts: The “Cool Kids” (12/18/2013) – Follow-up to the Guilty Pleasure post. You’re all “cool kids” in my book.
- Geek Thoughts: Rampant Fanboyism (10/9/2014) – Don’t show your love for a thing by trashing on other things. Don’t be a frakkin’ jerk.
- 2015: We Can Be Better (1/2/2015) – We can be a lot better. Keep trying. Never give up, never surrender.
- Hey Internet? We Need to Talk. (9/21/2016) – The one that caused a complete stranger to berate me for using “foul language”.
See you all next week, friends!