Since 2010, one of the backbones of Geeking in Indiana has been the ability to find information on comic, game, toy, and hobby shops in the state of Indiana. Not shops like Toys R Us, or GameStop, but your friendly local shops. Those shops who remember you, who know what you’re looking for, and appreciate you as a customer, not just as a wallet.
Listed here are all of the shops I’ve written about. As always, these write ups reflect my experiences, so your results may vary. I encourage everyone to comment on a shop post with your experiences, good or bad. Please note: If it was a negative experience, it had better be well written, and not just look like an excuse to try to bag on a shop that didn’t want to pay you $75 an issue for your mid-90’s, holographic cover, “limited” edition X-Force books.
Also, there is a new change, starting in 2017. No matter what my experience is in a shop, I’m going to write about it. While my initial desire to just be a voice of positivity on the internet was appreciated, I’ve written enough at this point where readers have told me that they are concerned that they can’t tell if a shop hasn’t been written about because I haven’t been there, or because I had a bad experience. So, I’m going to be a bit more observant, and write about everything that happens, good or bad.
A couple of things to note about the list:
- Stores are listed by what the majority of their product is. For example, many comic shops will also carry board and card games, but as they are primarily comic book shops, that is how I’m listing them. Trust me, there is a lot of product cross-over in these shops.
- When I say “Tabletop Games” I mean as opposed to video games. I use this to cover role playing, board, miniature, and collectible card games, among other games that don’t involve a computer or a console to play.
- Not all of these shops are strictly gaming, toy, hobby, or comic shops. If it’s a place I think would be of interest to my readers? I’ll tell you about it. Yes, this means Butt Drugs in Corydon is on my “Store Visit” bucket list.
- I know this list is not 100% complete, and due to the age of some of the reviews, it might not be 100% accurate. Please keep this in mind, and before you go visit a shop you’re unsure of, please use the contact information provided in each post to reach out to the shop.
- Are there any corrections, additions, or subtractions I need to make? Please reach out to me at HeadGeek@IndianaGeeking.com and let me know!
- Who North America – Doctor Who and BBC Merchandise
- Sinclair Games – Tabletop Games, with a focus on Miniatures
- Books, Comics, & Things (Georgetown) – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Books, Comics, & Things (Time Corners) – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Discount Comic Book Service – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Hometown Comics & Games – Comic Books, Tabletop Games, & Collectibles
- AP Collectibles – Toys & Collectibles New 2/3/2017!
- Books & Brews – Used Book Store & Craft Brewery
- Collector’s Paradise – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Comic Book University – Comic Books & Collectibles Updated 1/27/2017!
- Comic Carnival – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Downtown Comics (Downtown) – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Downtown Comics (North) – Comic Books & Collectibles Updated 2/17/2017!
- Downtown Comics (West) – Comic Books & Collectibles
- Family Time Games – Tabletop Games
- Game Preserve (North) – Tabletop Games Updated 2/10/2017!
- Game Preserve (South) – Tabletop Games Updated 1/20/2017!
- Game Time – Tabletop Games Updated 2/24/2017!
- Games to Die For – Tabletop Games
- Hero House – Comic Books & Collectibles
- It’s a Block Party – Lego
- Redemption Alewerks – Local brewpub, Geek Friendly, Game Night
- Saltire Games – Tabletop Games
- Tappers Arcade Bar – Local bar and arcade. 21 and over, only!
- The Toy Drop – Toys & Collectibles
- The Toy Pit – Toys & Collectibles
- Comics Cubed – Comic Books
- Geek Street – Info on “Geek Street” in downtown Kokomo
- Kokomo Toys & Collectibles – Toys & Collectibles
- White Flag Games – Tabletop Games