Happy Tuesday, my friends, my readers, and those who stumbled into this and have yet to hit the “Back” button on their browser! It has been unseasonably comfortable lately here in the Hoosier state, but I’m not going to let this indicator of our inevitable demise as a planet bring me down! Nope, instead I spent the weekend running errands, seeing friends, and completely reworking the Geek Cave office to prep for new desks and Lizz’s upcoming summer term as she starts working on her Masters degree. I’ve also set up the microphone to prep for the podcast’s return, and I’m looking at lighting for some of my first YouTube videos. I’ll admit, I’ve been procrastinating on the next steps for the puppet, as my hand sewing skills are rusty, and my machine sewing skills are even worse, but I’ll be jumping back onto that this coming weekend, because nobody wants to see me on the ‘Tubes!
Now, let’s see what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
February is almost in the history books, but:
- February 24th – 26th: Anime Crossroads! This yearly anime convention is held at the Wyndham on the west side of Indianapolis, and to my understanding, has been a fairly popular event! Get more information on their website!
- February 25th: NWI Comi-Con! I have heard nothing but good things about this show up in Schererville, at the Halls of St. George! Visit their website for more information, including their guest list!
Looking ahead to March:
- March 11th and 12th: Hall of Heroes Comic Con! Up in Elkhart, the Hall of Heroes Museum is hosting their first ever comic con! They look to have a few good guests, and I know I’m hoping to make it up to check it out! Click the link for the Facebook Event Page to see what’s going on.
- March 18th: The Groovy Geek Gathering! From the groovy mind behind Kokomo Con and Comics Cubed, comes the Groovy Geek Gathering! Also held in Kokomo, this one day event is one I’m greatly looking forward to!
- March 19th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! This Indianapolis tradition is back at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in Indianapolis! Check out their selection of toy and comic book dealers, and support this long-running event!
- March 24th – 26th: Eville Con! Evansville’s own anime convention is back again in 2017! Click the link for all the information, and have a blast!
Rolling from March to April:
- March 31st – April 2nd: Who’s Yer Con! Held at the Wyndham West Hotel here in Indianapolis, this is a free gaming convention, with the ability to pay for support! It’s a really good time! Plus, on Sunday, they host the INDYpendent Show, a great gathering of local creators who want to talk to you about their creations, as well as your own!
- March 31st – April 2nd: Pop! Con! Held at the National Guard Armory in Evansville, this is a pop culture convention that is not affiliated with PopCon here in Indianapolis.
- April 1st-2nd: Laffy Con! This is a comic con, held in Lafayette. Located in the Carnahan Hall at Market Square, they don’t have much information on their website, so keep an eye on it.
- April 14th – 16th: Indiana Comic Con. It’s a thing that happens.
- April 23rd: Maplewood Derby! Hosted by Partners in Housing at the Metazoa Brewing Company in Indianapolis, this is Pinewood Derby for adults! Build and race a car for a good cause! Details and ticking pricing can be found at the link!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: Week four at Bub’s Burgers “Tour de Fat” was the Hawaiian Burger. This was my weekly “I’m not a foodie, I just put stupid stuff on the Internet” picture.
- Make a Wish come true! Good news, everybody! The Wish has been granted, and Eli is going to Celebration in Orlando! Can we keep this going, though with Cassidy? Take a look at the link for more info!
- Tour de Fat: For those who are curious, I’m still going with this! While I’m looking to be healthier, this is something that I am keeping up with! Week four was a “Hawaiian Burger” with pineapple, ham, swiss cheese, and teriyaki sauce. As a friend commented on Facebook, we’re not sure how you can call it “Hawaiian” when it doesn’t contain Spam, but it was still pretty good. So, that’s four weeks down, eight to go.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
- Support the Blog: So far, I have podcast hosting, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud (student subscription, I’m not THAT rich!) covered, thanks to friendly awesome supporters! However, I could still use help, to make sure I have enough for domain name hosting, equipment improvements, and convention tables!
That’s it for this week, as we roll our way through 2017! I’ll see you all tomorrow!