Happy Tuesday, my friends! What a crazy weekend, right? Seventy degrees on Friday, then thunderstorms, then snow on Saturday morning! Now, it’s supposed to be back up into the mid-sixties? Wild, right? So, other than that craziness, it’s been a hectic weekend. Shadows of Brimstone with friends on Friday, writing on Saturday, and a birthday party on Sunday that involved me running a D&D adventure for the first time in years. This was completely unexpected, and has set me behind just a bit on some goals for the end of this month, as well as my goals for the start of the podcast, but we shall push forward!
This week, I’m hoping for a calm week, filled with the training of analysts at work during the day, and burying myself in blogging, podcasting, and learning Adobe Creative Cloud at night. Speaking of which, if anyone has any advice on resources for Premiere and Photoshop, for someone who knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the, please let me know!
Now, let’s see what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
Starting tomorrow, we’re in March:
- March 4th: Splendor Tournament! Game Time (see FLS Friday post) is hosing their first ever Splendor tournament this Saturday! Come try your luck at this Renaissance-era game, where you play the role of a merchant, from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, with a $5 entry fee! See all details, and get questions answered, at the Facebook event link!
- March 11th and 12th: Hall of Heroes Comic Con! Up in Elkhart, the Hall of Heroes Museum is hosting their first ever comic con! They look to have a few good guests, and I know I’m hoping to make it up to check it out! Click the link for the Facebook Event Page to see what’s going on.
- March 18th: The Groovy Geek Gathering! From the groovy mind behind Kokomo Con and Comics Cubed, comes the Groovy Geek Gathering! Also held in Kokomo, this one day event is one I’m greatly looking forward to!
- March 19th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! This Indianapolis tradition is back at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in Indianapolis! Check out their selection of toy and comic book dealers, and support this long-running event!
- March 25th: WHO Wants To Grant a Wish Party! Who North America, in conjunction with KJ and 107.9, are hosting a party to grant Cassidy’s Make-a-Wish Foundation wish to visit London, because that’s where every Harry Potter and Doctor Who fan has got to go! Dress in costume, shop, visit, and donate to help make this young lady’s wish come true!
- March 24th – 26th: Eville Con! Evansville’s own anime convention is back again in 2017! Click the link for all the information, and have a blast!
Rolling from March to April:
- March 31st – April 2nd: Who’s Yer Con! Held at the Wyndham West Hotel here in Indianapolis, this is a free gaming convention, with the ability to pay for support! It’s a really good time! Plus, on Sunday, they host the INDYpendent Show, a great gathering of local creators who want to talk to you about their creations, as well as your own!
- March 31st – April 2nd: Pop! Con! Held at the National Guard Armory in Evansville, this is a pop culture convention that is not affiliated with PopCon here in Indianapolis.
- April 1st-2nd: Laffy Con! This is a comic con, held in Lafayette. Located in the Carnahan Hall at Market Square, they don’t have much information on their website, so keep an eye on it.
- April 14th – 16th: Indiana Comic Con. It’s a thing that happens.
- April 23rd: Maplewood Derby! Hosted by Partners in Housing at the Metazoa Brewing Company in Indianapolis, this is Pinewood Derby for adults! Build and race a car for a good cause! Details and ticking pricing can be found at the link!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: Week five at Bub’s Burgers “Tour de Fat” was the Taco Burger. This was my weekly “I’m not a foodie, I just put stupid stuff on the Internet” picture.
- Havenwood Horror Kickstarter! One of the hosts of one of my favorite local podcasts is also part of a group known as DNA Games, who just this past week kicked off their first Kickstarter! Havenwood Horror: Night at Camp Havenwood has been touched on in their podcast a few times, and now it’s live on Kickstarter! Check out this nifty take on camping horror before it ends on April 4th, and throw some money at them!
- Make a Wish come true! Good news, everybody! The Wish has been granted, and Eli is going to Celebration in Orlando! Can we keep this going, though with Cassidy? Take a look at the link for more info!
- Tour de Fat: For those who are curious, I’m still going with this! On the fifth week, the burger choice was a Taco Burger. They added taco seasoning to their meat, and threw on shredded lettuce, diced tomato, shredded cheddar, black olives, and sour cream. It was a solid burger, don’t get me wrong, but it wasn’t the most overwhelming piece, thus far.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
- Support the Blog: So far, I have podcast hosting, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud (student subscription, I’m not THAT rich!) covered, thanks to friendly awesome supporters! However, I could still use help, to make sure I have enough for domain name hosting, equipment improvements, and convention tables!
That’s it for this week, as we roll our way through 2017! I’ll see you all tomorrow!