Happy Tuesday, my friends! It’s another beautiful… rainy day, that is trying to psych us out into thinking there will be snow by this weekend! I will try to be an optimist for you all, though, especially for those who are travelling north to Elkhart for the first Hall of Heroes Comic Con! While that looks like it’s going to be kinda cool, I’m keeping myself close to home this weekend, with a friend’s 40th Birthday Party on Friday night, and just puttering around the house Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps I’ll get motivated to pick up a needle and thread, and start the part of the puppet I’m not feeling too confident about? We shall see. However, for now?
Now, let’s see what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
Now we’re in March:
- March 11th and 12th: Hall of Heroes Comic Con! Up in Elkhart, the Hall of Heroes Museum is hosting their first ever comic con! They look to have a few good guests, and I know I’m hoping to make it up to check it out! Click the link for the Facebook Event Page to see what’s going on.
- March 18th: The Groovy Geek Gathering! From the groovy mind behind Kokomo Con and Comics Cubed, comes the Groovy Geek Gathering! Also held in Kokomo, this one day event is one I’m greatly looking forward to!
- March 19th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! This Indianapolis tradition is back at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in Indianapolis! Check out their selection of toy and comic book dealers, and support this long-running event!
- March 25th: WHO Wants To Grant a Wish Party! Who North America, in conjunction with KJ and 107.9, are hosting a party to grant Cassidy’s Make-a-Wish Foundation wish to visit London, because that’s where every Harry Potter and Doctor Who fan has got to go! Dress in costume, shop, visit, and donate to help make this young lady’s wish come true!
- March 24th – 26th: Eville Con! Evansville’s own anime convention is back again in 2017! Click the link for all the information, and have a blast!
Rolling from March to April:
- March 31st – April 2nd: Who’s Yer Con! Held at the Wyndham West Hotel here in Indianapolis, this is a free gaming convention, with the ability to pay for support! It’s a really good time! Plus, on Sunday, they host the INDYpendent Show, a great gathering of local creators who want to talk to you about their creations, as well as your own!
- March 31st – April 2nd: Pop! Con! Held at the National Guard Armory in Evansville, this is a pop culture convention that is not affiliated with PopCon here in Indianapolis.
- April 1st-2nd: Laffy Con! This is a comic con, held in Lafayette. Located in the Carnahan Hall at Market Square, they don’t have much information on their website, so keep an eye on it.
- April 14th – 16th: Indiana Comic Con. It’s a thing that happens.
- April 23rd: Maplewood Derby! Hosted by Partners in Housing at the Metazoa Brewing Company in Indianapolis, this is Pinewood Derby for adults! Build and race a car for a good cause! Details and ticking pricing can be found at the link!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: As in the past few weeks, it’s the next entry in the Tour de Fat challenge! It’s the Chili Burger!
- Be a Hero to Hero House: Hero House Comics in Fountain Square is ran by a pretty damn cool guy who needs a little bit of help. Please visit the Go Fund Me page and help out where you can! Also, go in, and buy stuff from him!
- Make another Wish come true! Good news, everybody! The Wish has been granted, and Eli is going to Celebration in Orlando! Can we keep this going, though with Cassidy? Take a look at the link for more info!
- Tour de Fat: For those who are curious, I’m still going with this! Week six was the Chili Burger, with shredded cheese, their chili, and onions. Oh, this one was a mess! A delicious mess, but a mess none the less! Still, not one of the top three burgers I’ve had. Let’s start keeping track:
- 1) Bacon & Cheddar Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger
- 2) Reuben Burger
- 3) Hawaiian Burger
- 4) Pizza Burger
- 5) Chili Burger
- 6) Taco Burger
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
- Support the Blog: So far, I have podcast hosting, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud (student subscription, I’m not THAT rich!) covered, thanks to friendly awesome supporters! However, I could still use help, to make sure I have enough for domain name hosting, equipment improvements, and convention tables!
That’s it for this week, as we roll our way through 2017! I’ll see you all tomorrow!