It’s another fantastic Tuesday, my friends! The sun is shining… wait, no, it’s now cloudy, but at least it’s war….. wait, there’s some snow! Ah, yes, it is March in Indiana! So far, the weather hasn’t been good for those Geeks who want to get outside, but it’s great for those who are anxiously awaiting next week’s release of Mass Effect: Andromeda! You know, as long as a freak ice storm doesn’t roll in and knock out power! Anyway, it looks like most people had a good time this past weekend, and this coming weekend looks to be another good time, with shows in Kokomo on Saturday, and here in Indianapolis on Sunday! Myself? I’m trying to get a couple weeks worth of writing taken care of, so I can dedicate some time to the aforementioned Mass Effect: Andromeda next week! Let’s hear it for Amazon Gift Cards!
Now, let’s see what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
We’re pretty settled into March:
- March 18th: The Groovy Geek Gathering! From the groovy mind behind Kokomo Con and Comics Cubed, comes the Groovy Geek Gathering! Also held in Kokomo, this one day event is one I’m greatly looking forward to!
- March 19th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! This Indianapolis tradition is back at the Caribbean Cove Hotel in Indianapolis! Check out their selection of toy and comic book dealers, and support this long-running event!
- March 20th: Mass Effect Andromeda Midnight Launch! Held at the Microsoft Store at the Fashion Mall at Keystone in Indianapolis, doors will open at 9:30 PM and will have festivities all the way until the game’s release at midnight! They will have Mass Effect trivia, snacks and drinks, a live stream, and it’ll be a good time with your fellow Pathfinders! In addition, there will be giveaways, and cosplay is encouraged! If you don’t know where the store is, it’s just up the escalator from the food court!
- March 25th: The Impersonators Release Screening! With one fell swoop, you can help support local film and good local beer! Join the cast and crew of the comedy The Impersonators at Scarlet Lane Brewing as they celebrate the release of the film on blu ray! Watch the movie, check out the Q&A, and pick up your own copy during this shindig from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM in McCordsville!
- March 25th: WHO Wants To Grant a Wish Party! Who North America, in conjunction with KJ and 107.9, are hosting a party to grant Cassidy’s Make-a-Wish Foundation wish to visit London, because that’s where every Harry Potter and Doctor Who fan has got to go! Dress in costume, shop, visit, and donate to help make this young lady’s wish come true!
- March 24th – 26th: Eville Con! Evansville’s own anime convention is back again in 2017! Click the link for all the information, and have a blast!
Rolling from March to April:
- March 31st – April 2nd: Who’s Yer Con! Held at the Wyndham West Hotel here in Indianapolis, this is a free gaming convention, with the ability to pay for support! It’s a really good time! Plus, on Sunday, they host the INDYpendent Show, a great gathering of local creators who want to talk to you about their creations, as well as your own!
- March 31st – April 2nd: Pop! Con! Held at the National Guard Armory in Evansville, this is a pop culture convention that is not affiliated with PopCon here in Indianapolis.
- April 1st-2nd: Laffy Con! This is a comic con, held in Lafayette. Located in the Carnahan Hall at Market Square, they don’t have much information on their website, so keep an eye on it.
- April 14th – 16th: Indiana Comic Con. It’s a thing that happens.
- April 23rd: Maplewood Derby! Hosted by Partners in Housing at the Metazoa Brewing Company in Indianapolis, this is Pinewood Derby for adults! Build and race a car for a good cause! Details and ticking pricing can be found at the link!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: As in the past few weeks, it’s the next entry in the Tour de Fat challenge! It’s the Sloppy Burger!
- Be a Hero to Hero House: Hero House Comics in Fountain Square is ran by a pretty damn cool guy who needs a little bit of help. Please visit the Go Fund Me page and help out where you can! Also, go in, and buy stuff from him!
- Make another Wish come true! Good news, everybody! The Wish has been granted, and Eli is going to Celebration in Orlando! Can we keep this going, though with Cassidy? Take a look at the link for more info!
- The Shake Ups in… BEACH CITY? You might have heard of the local musical group, The Shake ups, with their project, The Shake Ups in Ponyville. It’s fun, well done, and family-friendly music set around the popular show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. The band, while still working on that project, has also set their sights on another property: Steven Universe! The release party for the first The Shake Ups in Beach City album isn’t until May (look for more information on that, coming soon!) but for now, they have two new songs off the album, their version of the Theme Song, and “Cheeseburger Backpack“, an original piece. Both of those links bring you to the YouTube videos for each song! Stay tuned for more in the future!
- Tour de Fat: For those who are curious, I’m still going with this! Week seven was the Sloppy Burger, which tosses their Sloppy Waffles on a burger, with waffle fries, bacon, liquid cheese, sour cream, and diced jalapenos. Another drippy mess (as evidenced by “Sloppy” in the title) that was solid, but not outstanding. I’m placing it above the Taco Burger, though, since it was more flavorful. Next up: A German Dog? Huh.
- 1) Bacon & Cheddar Stuffed Bacon Cheeseburger
- 2) Reuben Burger
- 3) Hawaiian Burger
- 4) Pizza Burger
- 5) Chili Burger
- 6) Sloppy Burger
- 7) Taco Burger
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
- Support the Blog: So far, I have podcast hosting, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud (student subscription, I’m not THAT rich!) covered, thanks to friendly awesome supporters! However, I could still use help, to make sure I have enough for domain name hosting, equipment improvements, and convention tables!
That’s it for this week, as we roll our way through 2017! I’ll see you all tomorrow!