Happy Tuesday, my friends! Here we are, with another fantastic bit of Tuesday Tidbittery! I hope everyone is doing okay after this weekend! Our weekend was spent with Lizz working on homework, myself working on a new episode of the podcast, and then both of us going to catch Wonder Woman on Sunday morning, which was just fantastic! Speaking of fantastic, did you catch Dr. Christy Blanch’s guest post yesterday? She owns one of my favorite comic shops in the state, Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie, and is just an awesomely fantastic person. If you’ve never gone, you need to head over and check it out, and give her a follow on the Twitter!
Now, let’s take a look at what’s happening for Geeks in the state of, or visiting the state of, Indiana!
Looking at the month of June:
- June 9th: Wonder Woman 101! Join Kate Chaplin (Gal’s Guide to the Galaxy) at the Eclective in Indianapolis for a look at the history of Wonder Woman! Check out the Facebook Event page for this event, hosted by the Speculative Fiction Guild!
- June 10th: George Kramer Book Signing! Local author George Kramer (Arcadis series, Blind for Blood) will be at Scarlet Lane Brewing from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM to talk to you about his books, and sign them, all while you enjoy local beer! Local author plus a local brewery equals a winning combo! Take a look at the Facebook event page for more information!
- June 11th: NWI A.C.E.! From the folks who bring you NWI Comic Con, it’s the NWI Arts & Comics Expo! A smaller show, focusing on their vendors and artists, it’s running from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Patrician Banquet Center in Schererville! Check out the site for more information!
- June 15th: Imagine It! This event from the Indianapolis Public Library Foundation involves hard cider from Ash & Elm, three pitches for imaginative new projects for the libraries, and at the end of the evening, a winner! Check out this 21 years old and older event, and see what’s in store for the libraries! Click the link for more info!
- June 25th: Benefit Concert for Libby’s Fight! Libby is a child battling cancer, and this is a show featuring The Shake Ups and Rejoice at Bent Rail Brewery in Indianapolis from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Admission is free, attendees are eligible for door prizes, and suggested donations can be made to the Go Fund Me campaign at this link!
- June 30th: The Yavin 4 Imperial Entanglements CD Release! The Yavin 4, a local Star Wars-based band, will be releasing their new album at Radio Radio! Joined by fellow sci-fi bands Five Year Mission (Indianapolis) and Landspeeder (Chicago), this looks to be another fantastic night of Geeky entertainment at Radio Radio! Visit the link for the Facebook event page, and more information!
Transitioning from June to July, we have a couple of events:
- June 30th – July 2nd: InConJunction XXXVII! The 37th incarnation of this fan-run convention is on its way! Come have a good time with fellow Geeks in this show filled with long-time Hoosier fans, nerds, and Geeks!
- June 30th – July 2nd: Days of the Dead! It’s a horror show, literally! This horror convention is back, with a large list of horror actors and wrestlers! Click the link for more details!
Ahead to July!
- July 7th – 9th: Indy Pop Con! In their fourth year, this fan convergence brings together lovers of popular culture, internet culture, and local Geekery.
- July 15th: Teen Con! Held at the New Castle Henry County Public Library, this is a small show for the Teen Reading Program. They will have vendors, a costume contest, and of course, me! I give love to this, because this is my hometown and I like what they do!
- July 28th – 30th: Ikasucon! This anime convention returns to the Grand Wayne Center in Fort Wayne! Dealers, guests, and cosplay for those who love anime! Check it out!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: I’m not sure what got the Pibble’s attention in this pic. I assume it has something to do with food.
- Nerd’s Domain has been burgled! Matt Quiett of the Nerd’s Domain family of podcasts had his house broken into, and lost a lot of equipment! Can you help a fellow Hoosier Geek Media maker get back on his feet? Every little bit helps!
- Indy Pop Con 2017: I’m still working on what’s happening with the table. It looks like the turnaround time for some of the stuff I was looking to have is a bit longer than anticipated, so there won’t be much merch. However, I’m working with Studio 27 on integrating a new “Geeking Webstore” in the blog, which will premier the week after Indy Pop Con. Keep your eye on this space for more information.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
- Support the Blog: So far, I have podcast hosting, Dropbox, and Adobe Creative Cloud (student subscription, I’m not THAT rich!) covered, thanks to friendly awesome supporters! However, I could still use help, to make sure I have enough for domain name hosting, equipment improvements, and convention tables!
That’s it for this week, as we roll our way through 2017! I’ll see you all tomorrow!