Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another week of cool, Geeky things to do! First, though, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Mine was spent with a group of friends playing D&D on Friday, then a day at Kokomo-Con and Kokomo Toys on Saturday, before spending the day with my parents, watching Star Trek Discovery and eating Chinese food on Sunday, for my dad’s birthday! Now, we’re back with a new week, and a weekend breather for me before we roll into the weekend before Halloween!
I probably won’t be doing any dressing up this year, but I will be at Doctoberfest at Who North America on the 28th. More info will be coming next week, but you’re going to want to drop by, and keep your eyes open for myself, as well as Rachel from the Five(ish) Fangirls Podcast, because we’ll be sharing a table, talking to folks, and I’ll have my merch available.
Speaking of “my merch”, you’re going to want to take a look at yesterday’s post, if you want to get your hands on some locally sourced t-shirts, hats, and more!
Now, on with the countdown…
October is here!
- October 20th – 22nd: St. Peter’s Extra Life Weekend! This is a board game event, down in Evansville, that benefits Riley Hospital! Check out their Extra Life page for information on how you can play games, and help out!
- October 20th – 22nd: Midwest Horror Fest! At the State Theater in Logansport, I was advised about this event last week. Looks like it’s a weekend full of horror and sci-fi films, with other entertainment thrown in! Looks like it’s worth checking out, if that’s your thing!
- October 25th: Pitched Book Signing! Comic Carnival in Indianapolis is now carrying Pitched (Podcast Link)! They will be hosting the creators on October 25th! Check the link for all the details!
- October 28th: Doctoberfest! Back for the second year! Doctor Who and Halloween collide at Who North America in Camby, with local crafts people, artists, a pumpkin carving contest, and a Doctor Who costume contest! Shop their selection of Doctor Who merchandise, or visit the vendors! Rachel from The Five-ish Fangirls and I are looking to have a table again, this year! I will have the Geeking pins, patches, magnets, and fidget spinners available again!
- October 28th & 29th: Fantasticon! Returning to the Grand Wayne Center in Fort Wayne, this looks to be one of your standard “comic and pop culture” conventions. I haven’t had a chance to make it up to visit, I haven’t heard any feedback on the show, so I’ll tell you it’s happening, and I hope you have fun!
Next up is November!
- November 5th: Fort Wayne Hobby and Collectibles Show! I’ve heard good things about these shows, especially for the area toy and collectible hunters! Check out the link for more information!
- November 10th – 12th: Amaicon! Held at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis, this is the newest addition to our group of fan-run anime conventions! A sister show to Anime Crossroads, this should probably be on the radar of local anime fans.
- November 10th – 12th: Pentacon Game Convention! While I’ve never been, the website looks like they have things for all types of gamers, as well as a flea market, and a costume contest! Check it out!
- November 24th – 26th: Starbase Indy! This year, they are not only focusing on Star Trek (with guests like Denise Crosby, Robert O’Reilly, and Marc Okrand), but they’re also looking at the kind of future Roddenberry envisioned with the show that’s lasted over fifty years. Plus, Five Year Mission will be debuting their new album at the con! It’s a great way to avoid post-Thanksgiving shopping crowds, and spend time with local Geeks!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: “OH HAI!” says Zoey!
- The Don’t Flinch Podcast! This is a new podcast, started by some friends of the blog, that harkens back to the radio dramas from seventy years ago. Their IndieGoGo campaign is to raise money for their show, and be able to turn around and pay for scripts and contributions. Take a look, and give them some help!
- Nutmeg Hardcover Edition! Nutmeg is a really fun comic series, with art by local artist Jackie Crofts! This Kickstarter campaign, by Action Lab (who releases the comic) is for a hardcover edition of issues 1 – 6! This is a really cool thing, and something I think many of you might be interested in! Visit and back, before it ends on November 14th!
- New Videos! That’s right, friends! I’m doing videos now! Well, actually, Indy PopCon is doing videos, but I’m in some of them! Starting last week, a small group of Geeks get together and talk about Star Trek Discovery, along with a bit of other Geeky things (because we can’t stay on topic). The link is to the first episode, and by now, there should be a second episode up. Take a look, subscribe to the Indy PopCon channel, and comment!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following:
- NEW MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Patreon, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!