Happy Tuesday, my friends! I hope everybody had a fantastic weekend! I know mine was spent with horror movies with friends on Friday, the Indy Fuel home opener on Saturday (Fuel won!), and then writing, cleaning, and another Star Trek Discovery discussion on Sunday! This coming week, on top of the day job, is going to be an interview for Friday’s podcast, plus prepping for Doctoberfest down in Camby on Saturday, and then back to writing and prepping for the end of October/beginning of November on Sunday!
As we’re hitting the end of October, we’re also starting to take a look at December events. Right now, there’s a whole fat lotta nothing going on, in terms of conventions or shows. However, I’m sure this is going to change, as there always seems to be one day toy shows popping up, trying to get some of that holiday gift money!
Now, on with the countdown!
October is almost gone!
- October 25th: Pitched Book Signing! Comic Carnival in Indianapolis is now carrying Pitched (Podcast Link)! They will be hosting the creators on October 25th! Check the link for all the details!
- October 28th: Doctoberfest! Back for the second year! Doctor Who and Halloween collide at Who North America in Camby, with local crafts people, artists, a pumpkin carving contest, and a Doctor Who costume contest! Shop their selection of Doctor Who merchandise, or visit the vendors! Rachel from The Five-ish Fangirls and I are looking to have a table again, this year! I will have the Geeking pins, patches, magnets, and fidget spinners available again!
- October 28th & 29th: Fantasticon! Returning to the Grand Wayne Center in Fort Wayne, this looks to be one of your standard “comic and pop culture” conventions. I haven’t had a chance to make it up to visit, I haven’t heard any feedback on the show, so I’ll tell you it’s happening, and I hope you have fun!
Next up is November!
- November 5th: Fort Wayne Hobby and Collectibles Show! I’ve heard good things about these shows, especially for the area toy and collectible hunters! Check out the link for more information!
- November 5th: Thanks4Giving! Held at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis, this annual event is a food drive, put on by Who’s Yer Gamers! Check out information on this day of gaming at the link!
- November 10th – 12th: Amaicon! Held at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis, this is the newest addition to our group of fan-run anime conventions! A sister show to Anime Crossroads, this should probably be on the radar of local anime fans.
- November 10th – 12th: Pentacon Game Convention! While I’ve never been, the website looks like they have things for all types of gamers, as well as a flea market, and a costume contest! Check it out!
- November 11th: Kyle Starks at Aw Yeah Comics Muncie! Hoosier-based comics creator Kyle Starks will be at Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie from 2PM to 4PM on this date, with his works from Sexcastle, the Rick and Morty comic books, Rock Candy Mountain, and Dead of Winter. Then, at 6PM, there will be a Q&A with him, hosted by Aw Yeah’s very own Dr. Christina Blanch, at the Maring-Hunt Library in Muncie!
- November 24th – 26th: Starbase Indy! This year, they are not only focusing on Star Trek (with guests like Denise Crosby, Robert O’Reilly, and Marc Okrand), but they’re also looking at the kind of future Roddenberry envisioned with the show that’s lasted over fifty years. Plus, Five Year Mission will be debuting their new album at the con! It’s a great way to avoid post-Thanksgiving shopping crowds, and spend time with local Geeks!
Let’s go ahead, and look at the last month of 2017, December!
- Nothing, yet! Do you have an event happening? Let me know!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: A large man in a flannel gives Casey the rat plenty of places to burrow and hide.
- The Don’t Flinch Podcast! This is a new podcast, started by some friends of the blog, that harkens back to the radio dramas from seventy years ago. Their IndieGoGo campaign is to raise money for their show, and be able to turn around and pay for scripts and contributions. Take a look, and give them some help!
- Nutmeg Hardcover Edition! Nutmeg is a really fun comic series, with art by local artist Jackie Crofts! This Kickstarter campaign, by Action Lab (who releases the comic) is for a hardcover edition of issues 1 – 6! This is a really cool thing, and something I think many of you might be interested in! Visit and back, before it ends on November 14th!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following:
- NEW MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Patreon, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good.
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!