Happy Tuesday, my friends! This last weekend was one heck of a weekend, and with it being past, that means our December event listing is wiped out! This coming weekend is the weekend before Christmas, which I know not everyone celebrates, but it’s still a thing happening. Then, the following weekend is leading up to 2018, with New Year’s Eve parties (I’m doing the Machete Order of Star Wars with a group of friends!). Then we have a whole new year ahead of us!
Starting next week, I’ll also start including the month of February on the list! Meanwhile, don’t forget that I also have the Convention listing (link), where I list all of the conventions happening in Indiana, both Hoosier-ran and not! It’s a great way to start figuring out your 2018 vacation time.
Now, it’s the rest of December!
- Ya know, there’s nothing really going on! Well, open event wise! There’s holidays, friends getting married, New Year’s Eve, but really? It’s family and friend time until 2018.
Hey, it’s almost 2018! Let’s look ahead to January!
- January 6th: Pattern Reading! Are you just getting into sewing, and you have no idea how to use that pattern you picked up off of Etsy, or at the fabric store? This class will teach the basics of buying patterns, and how to use it! Starting at 1PM, it’s hosted by Incognito by Aris and Rome, and Creative Energy Arts!
- January 6th: Introduction to EVA Foam! EVA Foam has become the savior of many cosplayers, helping replicate the look of hard armor on many types of costumes. This class will be an introduction on how to use it, including safety precautions (dust mask and eye protection required). $30, and you’ll learn everything you need to take home your own gauntlet. Starts at 5PM, and is hosted by Incognito by Aris and Rome.
- January 7th: The Return of Star Trek Discourse! The winter break is over, and Star Trek Discovery is back! This means Star Trek Discourse will be returning to the Indy Pop Con Facebook Page! We will be reconvening on Facebook Live an hour before the show starts on CBS All Access, and we’ll be discussing the mid-season closer/end of chapter one, “Into the Forest”!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: Ratty pic! This is April, who loves just riding on a shoulder. So, here she is. On my shoulder. Taking a ride. So I took a selfie.
- Kickstarter – Clockwork Creatures: This new Kickstarter by friend of the blog Mike Ficarra is a really interesting take on Kickstarter. Head over to the page to check it out, before it goes away on December 24th!
- Kickstarter – Five Year Mission Year Four: Five Year Mission is a local rock band who plays music based on the original Star Trek television series! You might have heard their music opening recent episodes of the Indiana Geeking Podcast. Now, they have the Kickstarter up for their newest album, Year Four! The awesome thing? This funded in the first twenty four hours. AND they have already hit their stretch goals! This means you get more than just an album for just $10 ($10 gets you just the CD, $15 gets you one signed, and so on)! Check it out before it beams away on December 22nd!
- IndieGoGo – cy.PIPES VR: If you were at Starbase Indy, you might have had the opportunity to check out the VR rig set up by Chauncy Frend from IU. If you remember how the fans and the heat lamps made you feel like you were actually in the hot air balloon, this is the controller that took care of all of that! Check out the campaign for all of the information, and help make this a thing that gets out there!
- IndieGoGo – Kick Ass Coloring 2: It’s an adult coloring book! Coloring is calming! Give Mike money so you can be calm!
- New Routine: Folks, for the first time since starting this blog, I have a new job. This job has different hours, lower pay, no access to social media/writing during breaks, but a lot less stress and issues that will cause me to continue to be physically ill (I hope). This means things are switching up a bit. First, I’ll be doing a lot of writing in the morning, instead of during breaks and in the evening. What this means is that, instead of blog posts going live at 9AM, they’re going live at 11AM. Also, this means I’m back to pushing merch and support, so…
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following:
- NEW MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Ko-Fi, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!