Happy Tuesday, my friends, readers, and people who are cursing Google because this site obviously has nothing to do with biting the heads off chickens. We are back with this week’s installment of Tuesday Tidbits! I hope we all had a great weekend. Myself, I got some fiber ran into the Geek Cave, so my download and upload speeds have improved. I also played some D&D, watched bad movies with friends, picked up more parts for my Resistance Pilot costume, and got some work done on the blog! This coming weekend is really looking to be fun, with the Kick Off party with the Shake Ups and friends at The Melody Inn, along with Brickworld Indy! However, there’s even more happening, if you know where to look!
So, everyone pull out your calendars, take a look at what’s coming up, and get to marking events down! Plus, always remember, if you have an event you don’t see on here, give me a shout so I can get you on there!
Now, let’s look at March!
- March 16th: St. Patrick’s Day Kick-Off Party! The Melody Inn will be hosting a show featuring The Shake Ups, S.M. Wolf, and Time Crash! You know how I feel about The Shake Ups, Time Crash was pretty awesome the last time I saw them, and I’m interested to check out S.M. Wolf! Check out the show!
- March 17th: Brickworld Indy! Lego creations at the Indiana State Fairgrounds! Need I say more?
- March 23rd – 25th: EvilleCon! This is another anime convention, this time down in Evansville!
- March 24th: Spring Author Fest! Held at Indy Reads Books on Mass Ave in Indianapolis, this is an opportunity to meet 8 local authors, from a variety of genres! Included in that group are friends of the blog Gin and Chris (2/3 of the Pitched crew) and Katie Silver (comic writer and artist)! Check it out!
- March 24th: Filk Concert Series – Il Troubadore and the Wookie Cellist! You have probably seen them on the stage by the Dealer’s Hall at Gen Con, or you might have seen them at other local conventions. Now, catch them at Game Paradise!
- March 29th: Comic CONservation! Hosted by the Indiana Historical Society, and presented by Tappers Arcade Bar, Comic Book University, and Hero House Comics, this event talks about comic book conservation and restoration, shows off original cover art, let’s you play arcade games, and even has a cosplay contest! Get the details at the link!
- March 30th – April 1st: Who’s Yer Con! This is a free (unless you want to pay, which I’ve been known to do!) gaming convention here in Indianapolis! Check it out, and support great local conventions!
- March 30th – April 1st: Indiana Comic Con.
- March 31st: Manos Hands of Fate with Special Guest! The Walter Paisley Movie House (shows cult films in Irvington) is teaming up with the Longshot Theater in Fountain Square for a showing of Manos: Hands of Fate! In addition to this cult classic, they will be holding a panel, via Skype, with Jackey Neyman Jones, who played Debbie, the daughter of Manos (and I guess is the only actor willing to talk about the film!). Check out the event on Facebook!
Then, on to April!
- April 1st: INDYpendent Show! Back for another year, to help close out Who’s Yer Con! Join this group of local creators (artists, authors, and more!) to get tips on how to hone your craft, pick up cool books and artwork, and more!
- April 27th: Five Year Mission Year 4 Album Release! Five Year Mission, who provides a lot of the opening music to the Indiana Geeking podcast (thanks!), are releasing their new album tonight at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis. This is a 21+ show full of music about Star Trek, and you’ll be able to pick up their new album!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: Safety first, when you’re sanding plastics, Bondo, or whatever! You’ve only got one pair of lungs!
- The Brute: Chasing Shadows Kickstarter! This is a full color graphic novel from a team which includes local author and friend of the blog, Matthew Barron! Check it out before it ends on March 23rd!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following shops. This is how I can afford to order new merchandise, improve equipment, and cover convention fees! Help a Geek out, will ya?
- MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Patreon, Ko-Fi, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!