Happy Tuesday, readers! Here we are, in the second week of April, and it’s been fairly calm. I know a lot of folks went up to C2E2 in Chicago this past weekend, and there was also a small convention in Lafayette that escaped my net, proving once again that I can’t find EVERYTHING, no matter how hard I try. With that in mind, remember: Let me know about your events! Email me! Don’t reach out on Social Media, because I guarantee I’ll miss it! Let me know! Now, with that…
Let’s jump into the calendar!
First, let’s take a look at April!
- April 21st: Introduction to Resin Casting! Hosted by Aris, this class at Incognito in Fountain Square talks mold making, casting, and even tinting and dying resin! Materials cost is $15, and you can get more info at the link!
- April 27th: Five Year Mission Year 4 Album Release! Five Year Mission, who provides a lot of the opening music to the Indiana Geeking podcast (thanks!), are releasing their new album tonight at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis. This is a 21+ show full of music about Star Trek, and you’ll be able to pick up their new album!
- April 29th: Ash Toy & Comic Show! They are rumors, no more! The Ash show will be happening on the 29th at the Rodeway Inn here in Indianapolis! Click the link for details!
And what’s happening in the month of May, besides racing?
- May 5th: Free Comic Book Day! More info coming soon, but this will be celebrated by all of your favorite comic shops!
- May 5th: Star Wars Night with Naptown Roller Derby! It is Star Wars Night with Naptown, as they roll their way into their 4th bout of their 12th season! Spend the evening with costumed members of the 501st and Rebel Legion, and take in some roller derby as they skate against the Cincinnati Rollergirls! Click the link for the Facebook event, which has ticket info and more!
- May 12th: Introduction to EVA Foam! Hosted by Aris, this class at Incognito in Fountain Square will show people how to work with EVA foam in helping create their costumes and props! Material cost is $30, and includes all the student needs to make a gauntlet! Look at the link for more info!
- May 12th: Keep Gaming Indy Board Game Day! This will be an games day at Moonshot Games in Noblesville! Take a look at their Facebook Event page for more information, including a list of games available as we get closer to the event! Huge thanks to Brad of the Board Games with Panda Podcast (LINK) for the heads up on this!
- May 13th: The Shakes Ups at the Virginia Avenue Music Fest! The Shake Ups are bringing their family friendly show to the Virginia Avenue Music Fest! While the festival runs from the 9th to the 13th (Link for more info), the Shake Ups will be playing on the 13th, at 3:30 PM at the Hotel Tango stage! Visit all the links for more info!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Dagon’s Bones Kickstarter! From local game maker Utility Games (LINK), Dagon’s Bones is described as follows: “In the seaside pubs of Innsmouth they play a game of chance called Dagon’s Bones. It’s a dice game that requires luck, daring and maybe a small favor from the Elder Gods. Will you rob other players, steal from Cthulhu himself, or be granted, however fleetingly, Dagon’s blessings?” Check it out before it ends the morning of April 20th!
- Young Puffin’s Wonderfully Grand Mystery Kickstarter! This is a really unique pop-up book, that Friend of the Blog Mike Ficarra had a hand in designing! Take a look, and get on board before it closes on May 8th!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: In this link, you’ll find information on how to help the blog, financially, through purchasing merch or using affiliate links. This is how I can afford to keep the blog running.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!