Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute animal pictures!
I hope everyone had a good October! I know mine was filled with some definite ups and downs. As you might have seen, I’ve lost my job, and I’ve had little luck finding something similar to fill the gap. On the up side, I had a fantastic time at Shocktober in Irvington a few weeks ago, the Shake Ups show where they covered They Might Be Giants was fantastic (way to go!), and it didn’t take hours to thaw out from Doctoberfest this year! Added Doctoberfest bonus: I sold a couple of Geek Pet Pins, so I’m able to make another small donation to EARPS!
Now, tomorrow is Halloween, and the end of October. That means it’s time for this series to move ahead and cover November and December, and by extension, the remainder of 2018! It has been a heck of a year, hasn’t it? December is interested because normally, I have a few sales, or craft shows, to talk about, but this year we have a couple of cons! Plus, scroll down to check out the Kickstarts, and look at information on how you can help Lizz and I pay bills until I find a job that’ll cover them!
Let’s move on to what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
November is creeping up, as well, with a a bit of things happening outside of Thanksgiving!
- November 3rd: Toy Pit Parking Lot Sale! The Toy Pit (Info Post) is holding a sale on Saturday! Come, dig through the bins, and find some bargains, at this North side toy store in Indy!
- November 4th: Thanks4Giving 2018! Hosted by Who’s Yer Gamers, this is a one day gaming event at the Indianapolis Wyndham West! Running from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, the game library will be open for the small cost of either $10, or at least two non-perishable food items. All food and donations will go to Gleaner’s Food Bank!
- November 4th: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Collectibles Show! The last show until March 2019! Located in Fort Wayne, the show has vendors with toys, collectibles, video games, and more. Next door, on the same day, is a vinyl record show, so there’s even more cool stuff!
- November 6th: Star Trek Trivia at Sun King Fishers! The Sun King location in Fishers is hosting a Star Trek trivia night! Teams of 4 can sign up, and I encourage you all to go and prove yourselves as the ultimate Trekkies! Prizes from Sun King, Starbase Indy, and more!
- November 10th: So IN Fundraising Gaming Con! Hey, it’s an event in French Lick! The Springs Valley Community Schools Games Club is hosting a fundraiser for the local teen center, Goody B’s, from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM, with open gaming, game demos, and tournaments! Free admission, but donations are appreciated and encouraged! Take a look at the event page for more info! Tip of the fez to Chad Goldman for the heads up on this!
- November 12th: Star Trek Theme Trivia @ Books & Brews Speedway! Want to win tickets to Starbase Indy? Want to get some good sandwiches and local beer? Then head to Books & Brews in Speedway for their Star Trek Trivia night!
- November 16th: Geek Rock Night! Held at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis, this show is a CD Release by local group Robots and Magic Powers, and will also feature New York-based The Fantastic Plastics, and friends of the blog The Shake Ups! Remember: The Melody Inn is a 21 and older venue, and cash is required!
- November 23rd – 25th: Starbase Indy! You spent Thanksgiving dodging your family’s political discussions, so reward yourself with a weekend hanging with your Geek family! Starbase Indy is a great mix of science fiction and STEM, with a guest list to match. Check out the website for all the details, and go ahead and reserve a room, as well, so you can enjoy the room parties after hours!
December is traditionally a slow month, due to the plethora of holidays, but 2018 is changing all of that!
- December 16th: The LaffyCon Before Christmas! This will be a one-day show, so you can visit local creators and find that perfect item for your friends in time for most holiday celebrations!
- December 29th & 30th: PopCon Fort Wayne! You survived the holiday season with your family! Reward yourself with a trip to Fort Wayne for PopCon’s foray into a non-Indianapolis show!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: There’s been a lot of pics of dogs and cats lately, so here’s a pic of Casey and April, the Geek Rats! Remember, you can follow Geeking Pets on Instagram, for all of your Geek Pet photo needs!
- 10,000 Dawns: Poor Man’s Iliad: The newest book from local author James Wylder, this is an anthology with one novel, two novellas, eight novelettes, and thirty-three short stories! Weighing in at over 800 pages, this book features James’ work, as well as work from other authors, all put together by James! Follow the Amazon Affiliate Link for information, and ordering!
- Kickstarters! These are items that I don’t necessarily endorse, but think my readers might be interested in!
- Terminal #3 & #4! This pulp anthology series has people from all over working on it, and the rewards include work from local Troy Brownfield! Take a look, and support it before it ends on November 2nd!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Are you looking to help with medical bills? Do you want to help me pay rent? This link gets to to every place that you can help the blog, like buying through Amazon, buying Geeking merch, or even donating!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a coffee” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!