First, let me tell you, I know “Gamer” is a broad term. It can cover everything from people who like board games, to folks who prefer role playing or card games, to those who thrive on “Microsoft vs. Sony vs. Nintendo” online trolling. However, here at Geeking in Indiana, we love them all, and we want them all to have something to look forward to over the holidays! We’re going to look at, not only games that I think are fun and a gamer would enjoy, but we’re also going to look at accessories, and items that will help them take their game to the next level! So, let’s take a look at what to get that dice lover in your life.
For the Board Gamer:
- DC Comics Deck Building Game – I kept looking at this game at Gen Con, and I finally had a chance to play it at a friends house. Unlike some card games, everything you need is in the box. You build your deck through the cards you draw, and it is really quite fun, even if you aren’t Batman.
- Last Night On Earth – The Zombie Game – I’ve played a few rounds of this with another friend, and even thought I’m burnt out on the whole “zombie” thing, it is still a lot of fun, especially with different scenarios to play, and expansions to purchase.
- Cards Against Humanity – Definitely not family friendly, but still a blast to play. This “party game for horrible people” is a NSFW version of Apples to Apples, and is definitely not for the easily offended!
- Pound-O-Dice – From Chessex, you can NEVER have enough spare dice.
- Premium Original Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game (D&D Boxed Game) – Amazon says it will be released just days before Christmas, so this might be cutting it close a bit, but you have to respect the roots of gaming.
- D-20 Spinner Dice Ring – Wear your love of d20 on your finger. I know many people that picked these up at Gen Con and loved them.
- Nyan Cat Deck Protector Card Sleeves – ‘Nuff said.
- Magic the Gathering: 2014 Pro-Binder – Like a Trapper Keeper for your cards! Okay, not really, but you need to put them someplace, right?
- LEGO Minecraft – I promised myself only ONE Minecraft item, and you can’t go wrong with Lego.
- Ezio Auditore Gauntlet – Because who DOESN’T want their own hidden blade, from Assassin’s Creed? Note: Replica.
- Mass Effect 3 – SR2 Hat – I’m bald. I like hats. I also liked Joker. I didn’t like the SR2, but since I can’t find the SR1 hat, here you go.