Happy Friday, my friends! We are at the final pre-Gen Con episode of the Indiana Geeking Podcast! Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve talked with local game makers, and game accessory designers, and then to wrap it up, I have a special treat! John Kennedy is a local freelance game designer, who has worked with game studios like Kenzer & Company, Third Eye Games, and Modiphius! You may have played some of his work, as a matter of fact! Either way, John is a great local Geek, who graciously dropped by the Geek Cave last week, tried to lure away the Pibble, and talked with me about how he got started on game design, discuss Impostor Syndrome, talk about racism in Transformers, and more! We had a longer-than-usual conversation, but we had fun, and I didn’t feel like trimming any of it out! So, sit back, and enjoy the next ninety-six minutes of Geekery!
- 0:00 – 1:14 Shocktober in Irvington Sponsor Message
- 1:14 – 1:21 Introduction
- 1:21– 5:16 “Arena”, Five Year Mission, Year Two
- 5:5:16– 1:34:03 Interview with John Kennedy
- 1:34:03– 1:36:49 “Keep Beach City Weird”, The Shake Ups, The Shake Ups in Beach City
- 1:34:17 – 1:35:50 Closing, Patron Thanks
Links of note!
- Works of John Kennedy
- Where to find John at Gen Con 50 – Indie Game Developer Network BOOTH 2437
- Music featured on this Episode
- Where to find Tony (and, by extension, this blog) online!
- Where to find the Podcast online!
- This blog!
- Google Music
- Stitcher Radio – Please, feel free to rate and leave a review!
- Apple Podcasts – Please, feel free to rate and leave a review!
- Contact the Blog!
- Sponsor – Shocktober in Irvington
- Support the Blog
Thank you all for listening! As always, be excellent to each other, and to yourselves! I’ll see you all soon!