Happy Monday, my friends! I know there’s other stuff happening today, but I know I’m looking forward to the end of the week, when the latest entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe drops here in the US, Doctor Strange. You can expect me to be writing about it, to be up this time next week, but it also got me thinking of the other MCU films I’ve covered on the blog, going back to when Media Monday was Movie Monday, back in 2013. So, since I have this on my mind, and since Grant didn’t get a blog post together this week and it’s already 8:15 AM on Monday, let’s go ahead and revisit those posts!
- Iron Man 3 – My First Marvel post, and this reminds me I need to go back and do some editing/clean-up on my earlier work!
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – I really felt the need to catch this on opening weekend, as I was really into Agents of SHIELD, and I knew they tied in.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – I decided to Go All The Way to SoCal to catch this with the Geekling.
- Ant-Man – A group of us caught this at Flix Brewhouse, and we not only enjoyed the film, but the food!
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Didn’t really feel like doing a Media Monday post when I saw it in the theater, but I caught up after buying it on digital, to help Lizz catch up with the MCU.
- Captain America: Civil War – By this time, I’m pretty invested in not only watching, but writing about the films.
I know there are many I have not written about, and there are also the television properties that Grant and I HAVE written about, but I have work to do, and I didn’t want to go completely blank on today. However, this is not just a space filler, but it’s also helping me raise a question.
How much value are you all finding in Media Monday? I know this blog isn’t a review blog, and we aren’t as good or consistent at this as, say, the Obsessive Viewer podcast, which focuses solely on this sort of thing. Now, I’m not going to stop doing this, and I’m not going to “fire” Grant, but I was wondering if there would be any value in starting to go back, and organize the Media/Movie Monday stuff. Putting them in categories, like video games, music, books, movies, TV, or even Marvel, DC, Star Wars, and Star Trek. So, what do you think? Would this be valuable to any of you? I’m personally on the fence, because while I would like to see something like this, it would be a lot of time and work I really don’t have. If other people would like it, though, I’d be willing to make the time! So, what do you say? Give me a shout on social media, or in the comments!
And Grant, your next assignment is due on the 14th of November!