Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, cute Geek Pet pictures!
It’s been another full weekend at the Geek Cave, with a wedding on Saturday (Congrats to Dean and Basil!), and then a podcast interview on Sunday. Plus, we’re starting the process to swap out the master bedroom with the office, so my work area is currently at the end of the dining room table, which is messing with me a LOT more than I thought it would! However, I’m still doing my best to focus on my work, and then get to work on stuff for the blog, tweaking the 3D Printer, and finishing the final bits of that X-Wing Costume that I need to do the final write-up on, but I’m not 100% done with, yet. So, that’s coming in the next few weeks!
Speaking of the next few weeks, we’re not just looking ahead to those, but also to June and July! We’re also looking at a silly GoFundMe that started as a joke about Kickstarter, but then became a “Why not?” sort of thing this past weekend!
So, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
May has raced in!
- May 23rd: The Head Geek’s Birthday! It’s Thursday! Why not?
- May 25th: Five Year Mission at Radio Radio! Local Star Trek band Five Year Mission will be performing with Andy D and Tracksuit Lyfestile! They will be at Radio Radio in the Fountain Square neighborhood of Indianapolis! Ages 21+.
What’s happening in June?
- June 4th: ABC RPG Networking & Mixer! This is a neat idea: Get a bunch of Table Top RPG podcasters and makers together to meet each other, hang out, and talk with people that enjoy their work. Held at the Books & Brews Mothership off 96th Street, the only money they’re asking for is money for the establishment, given in form of buying a drink or food. So, take a look at the event page, and see what’s up! I hope to see you there!
- June 5th: Pints & Pawsplay! Grab your Geek Pets and head over to Metazoa Brewing for this PopCon Indy “Geek Week” event! Join KJ and Pet Pals TV for an evening to celebrate your Geeky Pets! All pets are welcome, and costumes are encouraged! Check the event link for more info!
- June 7th: The Shake Ups CD Release! Friends of the blog The Shake Ups are releasing their new album, Meddling Kids, at a 21 and older show at Radio Radio in Indianapolis. They will be joined by The Fantastic Plastics and Phyllis for this evening of music!
- June 7th – 9th: PopCon Indy! This convergence of local creators and celebrities will be back in Indy this weekend! Geeking will not have a table this year, but we’re hoping for the return of the Awkward Twitter Mingle, and you’ll see Lizz and I wandering the hall and hitting panels all weekend long!
- June 15th: Three Hole Punch Arts & Music Festival! Hosted by Irvington Vinyl and Books, this is an all-day celebration of local art and music, raising funds for Gluestick!
- June 15th: All Things Handmade Craft Show! Held at Who North America in Camby, this is a local craft show, featuring the work of local artisans and authors!
- June 29th: Shake Ups at Brownsburg! Head on over to the Brownsburg Public Library for this Shake Ups show, featuring their “Saturday Morning Cartoon Adventure Hour” set, and also pick up a copy of their newest album, Meddling Kids!
- June 23rd: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This is a one-day show up in Fort Wayne, with toys, collectibles, and more!
Let’s also look ahead to July!
- July 5th – 7th: InConJunction! This long-running fantasy and science-fiction convention is back for another year! Hosted by the local fan group Circle of Janus, they’ll have some cool guests this year!
- July 5th – 7th: Days of the Dead! This horror and sci-fi show is back! Check out their website for this year’s guest list, featuring horror, science fiction, and wrestling personalities!
- July 12th – 14th: DralaCon! This is a new gaming convention up in Fort Wayne! Check out their website for more information!
- July 20th: TeenCon! This one day show at the New Castle Henry County Public Library has a great assortment of authors and vendors, a costume contest, and trivia! I’ll be going for a bit this year, but I won’t be tabling.
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: It’s tiring work being the Geek Pup.
- Buy a Geek an Accordion and Lessons: It started as a joke tweet/Facebook post about a Kickstarter campaign. Then friends voiced their support. Then Kickstarter (rightfully) rejected it. Then I was encouraged to start a GoFundMe. So, here we are. Read the description, and watch for updates!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!