Happy Tuesday, my friends, readers, and people who are trying to figure out what the heck “Geeking” is (I really don’t know)! Here we are with our weekly look at the nifty Nerdy things to do in Indiana! This week, as February has wound down, we start also looking ahead to April, which at the moment starts out with a bang, but goes pretty bare pretty quickly. However, I have faith that this will grow as the month gets closer, and shops line up authors to visit, and more stuff just happens. That’s how it works, right? Well, in my experience with this blog, this is EXACTLY how it works!
Now, do you have your calendars open? Are we ready to mark down some important dates? Then, let’s get started, my friends!
First, let’s look at March!
- March 2nd – 4th: Anime Crossroads! Held here in Indianapolis, this is a fun little anime show that features a lot of cosplay and local artists!
- March 10th: Five Year Mission at Radio Radio! Everyone’s favorite local Star Trek band, Five Year Mission, will be playing at Radio Radio in Indianapolis, and they will be joined by Creepin’ Charley And The Boneyard Orchestra!
- March 16th: St. Patrick’s Day Kick-Off Party! The Melody Inn will be hosting a show featuring The Shake Ups, S.M. Wolf, and Time Crash! You know how I feel about The Shake Ups, Time Crash was pretty awesome the last time I saw them, and I’m interested to check out S.M. Wolf! Check out the show!
- March 23rd – 25th: EvilleCon! This is another anime convention, this time down in Evansville!
- March 24th: Filk Concert Series – Il Troubadore and the Wookie Cellist! You have probably seen them on the stage by the Dealer’s Hall at Gen Con, or you might have seen them at other local conventions. Now, catch them at Game Paradise!
- March 30th – April 1st: Who’s Yer Con! This is a free (unless you want to pay, which I’ve been known to do!) gaming convention here in Indianapolis! Check it out, and support great local conventions!
- March 30th – April 1st: Indiana Comic Con.
Then, on to April!
- April 1st: INDYpendent Show! Back for another year, to help close out Who’s Yer Con! Join this group of local creators (artists, authors, and more!) to get tips on how to hone your craft, pick up cool books and artwork, and more!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: We’re back with another rat pic! I was laying down, reading, and Casey thought my flannel pocket was just an awesome place to chill out for a bit!
- JoCo Cruise Time! If all went according to plan, we landed back in Indianapolis LATE last night, and I’m already on my way to work this morning! Hopefully, all of the posts that were scheduled went off without a hitch, and I’ll be back live on Friday with a rundown of the cruise!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following shops. This is how I can afford to order new merchandise, improve equipment, and cover convention fees! Help a Geek out, will ya?
- MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Patreon, Ko-Fi, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!