Happy Tuesday, my friends, readers, and people who are looking for an escape from fan outrage over whatever’s got their fandom panties in a bunch this week (I’m looking at you, Star Wars fans!)! Here we are with another helping of Hoosier happenings, with Tuesday Tidbits! Down in Evansville, we’ve got a con happening, and up here in Indy, we have music and authors! Myself, though, will be at the Geek Cave, starting some spring cleaning, working on hobby projects, and generally trying not to go out and spend money, because I’ve been going through it like crazy lately, with the costume work, and I need to slow down a tad bit!
You know, after I buy the leg flares, the boots, the ejection harness, and finish paying off the flight suit and flare holder, but I digress.
So, everyone pull out your calendars, take a look at what’s coming up, and get to marking events down! Plus, always remember, if you have an event you don’t see on here, give me a shout so I can get you on there!
Now, let’s look at the rest of March!
- March 23rd – 25th: EvilleCon! This is another anime convention, this time down in Evansville!
- March 24th: Spring Author Fest! Held at Indy Reads Books on Mass Ave in Indianapolis, this is an opportunity to meet 8 local authors, from a variety of genres! Included in that group are friends of the blog Gin and Chris (2/3 of the Pitched crew) and Katie Silver (comic writer and artist)! Check it out!
- March 24th: Filk Concert Series – Il Troubadore and the Wookie Cellist! You have probably seen them on the stage by the Dealer’s Hall at Gen Con, or you might have seen them at other local conventions. Now, catch them at Game Paradise!
- March 29th: Comic CONservation! Hosted by the Indiana Historical Society, and presented by Tappers Arcade Bar, Comic Book University, and Hero House Comics, this event talks about comic book conservation and restoration, shows off original cover art, let’s you play arcade games, and even has a cosplay contest! Get the details at the link!
- March 30th – April 1st: Who’s Yer Con! This is a free (unless you want to pay, which I’ve been known to do!) gaming convention here in Indianapolis! Check it out, and support great local conventions!
- March 30th – April 1st: Indiana Comic Con.
- March 31st: Manos Hands of Fate with Special Guest! The Walter Paisley Movie House (shows cult films in Irvington) is teaming up with the Longshot Theater in Fountain Square for a showing of Manos: Hands of Fate! In addition to this cult classic, they will be holding a panel, via Skype, with Jackey Neyman Jones, who played Debbie, the daughter of Manos (and I guess is the only actor willing to talk about the film!). Check out the event on Facebook!
Then, on to April!
- April 1st: INDYpendent Show! Back for another year, to help close out Who’s Yer Con! Join this group of local creators (artists, authors, and more!) to get tips on how to hone your craft, pick up cool books and artwork, and more!
- April 27th: Five Year Mission Year 4 Album Release! Five Year Mission, who provides a lot of the opening music to the Indiana Geeking podcast (thanks!), are releasing their new album tonight at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis. This is a 21+ show full of music about Star Trek, and you’ll be able to pick up their new album!
- April 29th: Ash Toy & Comic Show! I’m hearing rumors this is the next date for this long running toy and comic show, here in Indianapolis! Mark your calendars, just to play it safe! More info hopefully coming soon!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- This Week’s Photo: I have a bard. He does bard things. I also like dice. Dungeons and Dragons is fun!
- The Brute: Chasing Shadows Kickstarter! This is a full color graphic novel from a team which includes local author and friend of the blog, Matthew Barron! Check it out before it ends on Friday!
- Dagon’s Bones Kickstarter! From local game maker Utility Games (LINK), Dagon’s Bones is described as follows: “In the seaside pubs of Innsmouth they play a game of chance called Dagon’s Bones. It’s a dice game that requires luck, daring and maybe a small favor from the Elder Gods. Will you rob other players, steal from Cthulhu himself, or be granted, however fleetingly, Dagon’s blessings?” Check it out before it ends the morning of April 20th!
- Support Geeking in Indiana: If you look to the right hand side, there is a support link for the blog. In this link, you’ll find information on the following shops. This is how I can afford to order new merchandise, improve equipment, and cover convention fees! Help a Geek out, will ya?
- MyMerch Shop! Where you can buy Geeking in Indiana t-shirts, hats, mugs, and more! Added bonus: MyMerch is a Hoosier company! #SupportLocal
- Geeking Shop! This is where you find the merchandise I keep in stock at the Geek Cave. Pins, magnets, patches, and fidget spinners, while supplies last!
- Affiliate Info! Amazon Affiliate Links, mainly, including gift idea affiliate posts.
- Other sites! Paypal, Patreon, Ko-Fi, and more!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Have a great week, and I’ll see you soon!