Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute animal pictures!
We’ve done it, folks! We’ve made it through the first week of 2019! Despite not having much content on the blog at the moment, things have been busy with Team Geeking. First things first, there is a new podcast that will debuting by the end of the month on the new Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Two episodes have been recorded by the hosts, and I just need to edit them, record intros/outros, and piece them together for approval. More information will be coming in the next few weeks, but I can tell you this looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun! Next, I spent Sunday with the crew behind October’s VoltCon, which is going to be a convention celebrating 35 years of Voltron! This looks like it’s going to be a fun show, and I’m going to be doing what I can to help them out with promotion through the coming months! Finally, Lizz will be starting a podcast, and she’s been working hard on co-hosts, a format, and planning. Once again, all I’ll be doing on this one is recording and editing the podcast, because we will still have the Indiana Geeking Podcast starting, well… as soon as I start reaching out to guests. This will all be gone over, in more detail, in the next few weeks.
Other than that, it’s business as usual here at Team Geeking. I spend a few hours working on social media for FlexePark (Follow on Twitter! Like on Facebook! Use us to park! Love us!), read a book, watch a movie or two, and work on the blog’s plan for this year! Lizz is working her day job, then coming home and trying to figure out the podcast stuff. Grant is still on hiatus, as he’s started the portion of his education where they’re throwing him to the wolves in a “student teaching” environment. So, as I said, it’s business as usual!
Now, let’s move on to what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
We are now in 2019! Let’s look at this month!
- January 9th: Little Guardians Signing! Come on down to Comic Carnival in Indianapolis, meet Ed and Lee, the creative team behind Little Guardians! They will be in the shop with their newest collection, and they’d love to tell you about it, and maybe even sell you a copy or two!
- January 13th: How to Stop Being Scared and Start Publishing: On Dialogue! This is part of a series of events hosted by Irvington Vinyl & Books, talking about writing. Take a look at the event to see if it would work for you! I know I’m thinking about it!
- January 25th: Five Year Mission @ The Melody Inn! Our very own Star Trek-themed rock band will be playing at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis this Friday night, along with The Leisure Kings, Palace, and another band to be announced! Remember: The Melody Inn is a 21+ venue, and is cash only!
- January 30th: Michael Moreci @ Comic Carnival! Michael Moreci (Star Wars Adventures, Wasted Space) will be at Comic Carnival in Indianapolis from 11 AM to 6 PM, signing his books. This will be the same day Star Wars Adventures #18 and Wasted Space #6 releases!
Heck, let’s look at February, while we’re at it!
- February 2nd: Star Trek Opening Day Celebration at the Children’s Museum! As I’ve previously posted on the blog (Link 1, Link 2), The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis will be host for a lot of really great Star Trek exhibits and shows starting in February, and this is the kick-off! Featuring shows by Five Year Mission, and other special activities, this will be a great way to visit this limited-engagement exhibit!
- February 6th – 10th: Winter Fantasy! Someday, I’m going to make it up to this, but sadly this is the weekend of the Geekling’s Birthday! For those who aren’t familiar, it’s a gaming con up in Fort Wayne! Take a look!
- February 8th – 10th: Anime Crossroads! This fan-run anime show at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis has bee a long-running tradition for many of my readers!
- February 17th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! The longest-running toy and comic show in Indianapolis is returning to the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis!
- February 23rd: NWI Comic-Con! Held up in Schererville, this con has been happening for a few years, and I have heard a lot of good things. Maybe this year, we can take the Cardis up north and check it out!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: We’re back with the pet pics, with BB-8 the Geek Pup hoping for a taste of peanut butter toast, because it would make her 2019 just terrific.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – I’ve written about this on the blog before, but it’s nice to have a reminder every once in a while. I’m making a concentrated effort to carve time out of my day to actually read a book, or listen to a book if it comes up at the library. This is where I keep track of them. So, if you’re wondering what I’m reading? Here you go!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Podcast hosting fees are coming soo, and this link gets to to every place that you can help, like buying through Amazon, buying Geeking merch, or even donating!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a coffee” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!