Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute animal pictures!
I hope that everyone is doing well! This past weekend, I kinda took some “blog” time off on Friday and Saturday. Instead of writing, and editing audio, I hung out with friends and took a class on painting D&D minis. Sunday was the hotel lottery for Gen Con, where Lizz and I got a decent room, and starting to get caught up for this week. This week is going to be pretty dang full with work, and prepping for Lizz’s new podcast, Social Sci-Fi. Plus, on Thursday, we’ll be at a Preview Night for the new Star Trek exhibit at the Children’s Museum, so I’m probably going to experiment with some Facebook Live video and we’re gonna get a lot of pics, before we get home, watch Discovery, and I come up to the office to burn the midnight oil putting up a blog post on Friday. Due to this, we’re going to push Social Sci-Fi back to February 8th, and start a “Second Friday” release schedule moving forward. More info on this is down in the Blog News!
Now, let’s move on to what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
February starts on Friday! Here’s what’s happening!
- February 2nd: Star Trek Opening Day Celebration at the Children’s Museum! As I’ve previously posted on the blog (Link 1, Link 2), The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis will be host for a lot of really great Star Trek exhibits and shows starting in February, and this is the kick-off! Featuring shows by Five Year Mission, and other special activities, this will be a great way to visit this limited-engagement exhibit!
- February 6th – 10th: Winter Fantasy! Someday, I’m going to make it up to this, but sadly this is the weekend of the Geekling’s Birthday! For those who aren’t familiar, it’s a gaming con up in Fort Wayne! Take a look!
- February 8th – 10th: Anime Crossroads! This fan-run anime show at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis has bee a long-running tradition for many of my readers!
- February 16th: David Reddick Signing at Comic Carnival! David Reddick’s new collection of his Intelligent Life comic is out, and he’s going to be at Comic Carnival in Indianapolis to sell it to you, sign it, and talk comics with you! Check it out!
- February 17th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! The longest-running toy and comic show in Indianapolis is returning to the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis!
- February 23rd: NWI Comic-Con! Held up in Schererville, this con has been happening for a few years, and I have heard a lot of good things. Maybe this year, we can take the Cardis up north and check it out!
If I remember my calendar correctly, after February comes March!
- March 6th: Michael Moreci @ Comic Carnival! Michael Moreci (Star Wars Adventures, Wasted Space) will be at Comic Carnival in Indianapolis from 11 AM to 6 PM, signing his books. This event was initially scheduled for the end of January, but was rescheduled by publisher request.
- March 22nd – 24th: EvilleCon! This fan-run anime convention is returning to the Holiday Inn at the Evansville airport for another year! Check out their website for information about the con, including their guests!
- March 22nd – 24th: Who’s Yer Con! This fantastic, locally-ran gaming convention is back for another year! General admission is free, though if you have the means, I strongly encourage going to the site, pre-registering, and ponying up the cash for the paid admission. Not only are you supporting a fun local con that tries to open up the hobby of gaming to everyone, you’re also able to get a bag filled with games, and a t-shirt, while supplies last!
- March 24th: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This one day hobby show up in Fort Wayne looks to be a good place to go hunting for collectibles, to fill those holes in your collections! Take a look at their Facebook page for more information!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Canines are attentively awaiting Lizz’s return home from work.
- Team Geeking Family of Podcasts: Update on the podcasts: Social Sci-Fi will be joining us on Friday, February 8th! Then, the next episode of You’re Gonna Love This… or Not… will be out Friday, February 15th. Finally, if I can get an interview squared away, I’ll have the first 2019 episode of the Indiana Geeking Podcast up the final Friday, February 22nd. Then, we’re going to try to stick with that schedule through 2019, running those ‘casts on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Fridays, respectively.
- Star Trek Discourse: With CBS All Access releasing season two of Star Trek Discovery, it’s time for a bunch of Geeks to get on camera and talk about it, because that’s what we do. Join the Facebook Group linked above, to see all of last season, and see the new episodes when they’re released! I will not be on every steam this season, but keep an eye open, and you might catch me on a few!
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a coffee” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!