Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute pet pics!
I hope everybody has had a fantastic week since we last saw each other! Mine has kinda blurred together, what with the interview with David Reddick on Thursday night, that rolled into a podcast episode posted Friday morning, then Saturday sitting with a local high school student, talking about podcasting with her for her sophomore project, then staying up late prepping my character for Sunday’s D&D session with some friends. All of this rolled into yesterday, when I was battling between freezing in the Geek Cave, and dealing with something I ate not agreeing with my stomach. However, I’m back on track, and here we go with this week’s Tuesday Tidbits!
Let’s move on to what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
March is here! Let’s see what’s happening!
- March 6th: Michael Moreci @ Comic Carnival! Michael Moreci (Star Wars Adventures, Wasted Space) will be at Comic Carnival in Indianapolis from 11 AM to 2 PM, signing his books. This event was initially scheduled for the end of January, but was rescheduled by publisher request.
- March 9th: Geek Mania 2019! Held at the Central Middle School in Columbus, this event is a senior project done to promote youth literacy. Running from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM, they’re going to have vendors and costumers available. Take a look at the Facebook event page if you’re in the area!
- March 11th: Captain Marvel screening with PopCon & KJ! Join Carl from PopCon Indy, and KJ from 107.9, at the Studio Movie Grill in Indianapolis for a pre-party and showing of the newest MCU flick, Captain Marvel! Visit the link for all the information!
- March 22nd – 24th: EvilleCon! This fan-run anime convention is returning to the Holiday Inn at the Evansville airport for another year! Check out their website for information about the con, including their guests!
- March 22nd – 24th: Who’s Yer Con! This fantastic, locally-ran gaming convention is back for another year! General admission is free, though if you have the means, I strongly encourage going to the site, pre-registering, and ponying up the cash for the paid admission. Not only are you supporting a fun local con that tries to open up the hobby of gaming to everyone, you’re also able to get a bag filled with games, and a t-shirt, while supplies last!
- March 24th: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This one day hobby show up in Fort Wayne looks to be a good place to go hunting for collectibles, to fill those holes in your collections! Take a look at their Facebook page for more information!
After March comes April, and even more events!
- April 27th & 28th: LaffyCon! Back in Lafayette for the 5th year, LaffyCon is a pop culture convention held at the Market Square Shopping Center! Take a look at the link for more information!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Elusive Cat is displeased with my demands that she stay off the kitchen table while I enjoy a bowl of cereal.
- Geekling Fundraiser for American Heart Association! Now through March 15th, the Geekling is raising money for the American Heart Association! This means a lot to her, and she asked if I could break the “radio silence” on her identity to get the word out! So, if you have a few bucks to spare, please hit the link in the title, and help her kick that $350 goal’s arse!
- Team Geeking Family of Podcasts: I officially have three different podcasts out. Now, let’s maintain that momentum.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Twitch – After doing it for a week, I think I’m going to keep it up. Once or twice a week, I’m going to stream my process on editing the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Now, in all honesty, this in and of itself is pretty boring. I’ve got a simple setup, with my webcam showing in one corner, and Audacity showing in the rest of the screen. Everything is silenced, so there are no spoilers for upcoming episodes. However, I’ve had a few people pop in and ask questions, and it looks like a great way to share the little bit I’ve learned about the process. So, if this interests you, subscribe to my stream, and keep an eye on Twitter for when I’ll be recording!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a coffee” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!