Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute pet pics!
I hope everybody has had a fantastic week since we last saw each other! The week has been busy, but good, over at the Geek Cave. Friday night we spent in the SFP, the first time we’ve done this WITHOUT recording an YGLToN episode in months. Saturday was my brother’s birthday dinner at Harry and Izzy’s downtown, and we spent a lot of time Pokemon Go hunting. Sunday was Captain Marvel, a bit of shopping, and then home to write and wonder why I was getting so tired, so early (oh yeah, DST). I also had won a pair of tickets to see Captain Marvel again on Monday, with PopCon Indy and KJ, but I gave those to Lizz, so she could bring the Teen (who missed the Sunday showing because she was at her dad’s for the weekend). Just goes to show that there is always something to do for Geeks in this state!
Speaking of which, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
March is here! Let’s see what’s happening!
- March 16th: Toy & Collectible Show! Held in Portage at Woodland Park, this show boasts “over 60 tables of toys and collectibles” for you to look at, and hopefully buy from! Take a look at the Facebook Event Listing for more info!
- March 16th & 17th: Brickworld Indy! Held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, this is a must-see for fans of the artistry of Lego! Check out all the awesome designs at this Lego exhibition!
- March 22nd – 24th: EvilleCon! This fan-run anime convention is returning to the Holiday Inn at the Evansville airport for another year! Check out their website for information about the con, including their guests!
- March 22nd – 24th: Who’s Yer Con! This fantastic, locally-ran gaming convention is back for another year! General admission is free, though if you have the means, I strongly encourage going to the site, pre-registering, and ponying up the cash for the paid admission. Not only are you supporting a fun local con that tries to open up the hobby of gaming to everyone, you’re also able to get a bag filled with games, and a t-shirt, while supplies last!
- March 24th: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This one day hobby show up in Fort Wayne looks to be a good place to go hunting for collectibles, to fill those holes in your collections! Take a look at their Facebook page for more information!
- March 31st: Star Trek Theology! This program, titled Star Trek Theology: Humanism and Atheism, is hosted by the Center for Inquiry in Indianapolis. Visit the Facebook event listing for more details about this program!
After March comes April, and even more events!
- April 7th: Foam Armor Building Workshop! Held up in Lafayette, this is a “how-to” workshop, focusing on EVA foam construction, hosted by the awesome craftsmen of Wulfgar Weapons & Props. There are limited spaces available, and it is not free, so head on over to the Facebook Event Page to see all of the prices, and see if space is still available!
- April 25th: Mick Foley @ The Toy Pit! Our friends over at The Toy Pit are hosting a visit by wrestler Mick Foley! Information, including photo op and autograph prices, can be found on the Facebook Event Page!
- April 26th – 29th: RollPlus Con! It’s a game con/sleepover down in Trafalgar! A place to sleep, breakfast, and dinner are included for this weekend of games and community! Check it out, there’s just a few slots left for this fun weekend!
- April 27th & 28th: LaffyCon! Back in Lafayette for the 5th year, LaffyCon is a pop culture convention held at the Market Square Shopping Center! Take a look at the link for more information!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: It’s another pic of London, the Elusive Cat! She’s wondering why I keep thrusting a cell phone camera towards her, because she hasn’t been as elusive as she used to be. I still find it hard to believe this cat is the Geek Cat’s sister. She’s tiny in comparison!
- Geekling Fundraiser for American Heart Association! Now through March 15th, the Geekling is raising money for the American Heart Association! This means a lot to her, and she asked if I could break the “radio silence” on her identity to get the word out! So, if you have a few bucks to spare, please hit the link in the title, and help her kick that $350 goal’s arse!
- Team Geeking Family of Podcasts: I officially have three different podcasts out. Now, let’s maintain that momentum.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Twitch – After doing it for a week, I think I’m going to keep it up. Once or twice a week, I’m going to stream my process on editing the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Now, in all honesty, this in and of itself is pretty boring. I’ve got a simple setup, with my webcam showing in one corner, and Audacity showing in the rest of the screen. Everything is silenced, so there are no spoilers for upcoming episodes. However, I’ve had a few people pop in and ask questions, and it looks like a great way to share the little bit I’ve learned about the process. So, if this interests you, subscribe to my stream, and keep an eye on Twitter for when I’ll be recording!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!