Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute pet pics!
I hope everybody had a fantastic weekend! I know we were not without things to do, what with Who’s Yer Con and EvilleCon happening here in Indiana, and C2E2 and the Lexington Comic and Toy Expo happening north and south of our state, respectively. Mainly, we stuck around the Geek Cave, getting some cleaning done, working ahead on the Social Sci-Fi podcast, and generally just not spending money on gas. This coming week, though, we’re going to be pretty busy seeing friends, prepping content, and heading up to Goshen on Saturday for the Midwest RepRap Fest (see info below). Luckily, there is no podcast on Friday, so I might actually get some more writing done for the blog! Either that, or I’m going to work ahead on the podcasts, so I can have time to prep articles for upcoming conventions and events in the future. I’m still figuring out where I am. Anyway…
There are still things happening in March!
- March 29th – 31st: BroCo Con! Brown County is getting a gaming con, and it’s THIS WEEKEND! Held at the Brown County Inn, and organized by The Toy Chest, this first-year show looks to be kinda fun! (h/t to Craig for the heads up!)
- March 29th – 31st: Midwest RepRap Festival! I know nothing more than this is supposed to be a big deal in the 3D Printing community, which I’ve been curious about. It looks like it’ll be well worth the approximately three hour drive from Indianapolis to Goshen, so I’ll be heading up!
- March 30th: Paul Storrie Viking Queen Book Signing! Held at Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie, Paul Storrie will be signing his new series, Viking Queen, from Source Point Press from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM! Check it out, pick up some books, and visit one of my favorite comic shops!
- March 31st: Star Trek Theology! This program, titled Star Trek Theology: Humanism and Atheism, is hosted by the Center for Inquiry in Indianapolis. Visit the Facebook event listing for more details about this program!
After March comes April, and even more events!
- April 6th: Oddities & Curiosities Expo! Are you into things like taxidermy, skeletons, and just the general strange and unusual? Check out this event, happening at the State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis.
- April 7th: Foam Armor Building Workshop! Held up in Lafayette, this is a “how-to” workshop, focusing on EVA foam construction, hosted by the awesome craftsmen of Wulfgar Weapons & Props. There are limited spaces available, and it is not free, so head on over to the Facebook Event Page to see all of the prices, and see if space is still available!
- April 8th: Shazam Screening with Kinda Nerdy Night Out! KJ from Kinda Nerdy and PopCon Indy will be hosting a screening of the newest DC film, Shazam, at Studio Movie Grill in Indianapolis! Check the link for more details!
- April 14th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! Back at the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis, this long-running show has a ton of long boxes to dig through, and cool toys to check out! Check out the link for more info!
- April 25th: Mick Foley @ The Toy Pit! Our friends over at The Toy Pit are hosting a visit by wrestler Mick Foley! Information, including photo op and autograph prices, can be found on the Facebook Event Page!
- April 26th – 29th: RollPlus Con! It’s a game con/sleepover down in Trafalgar! A place to sleep, breakfast, and dinner are included for this weekend of games and community! Check it out, there’s just a few slots left for this fun weekend!
- April 27th & 28th: LaffyCon! Back in Lafayette for the 5th year, LaffyCon is a pop culture convention held at the Market Square Shopping Center! Take a look at the link for more information!
Let’s look ahead to May!
- May 4th: Star Wars Day! There are going to be so many events, including events at the Children’s Museum, with the Indianapolis Indians, and Naptown Roller Derby! Watch the blog for a post laying it all out that week!
- May 4th: Free Comic Book Day! This is a huge day for your friendly local comic shop! Keep an eye on the blog the week of the 4th for information on what some of the different shops will be doing!
- May 18th: South Bend Comic Convention! This is a one day show held at the Comfort Suites. Check out the Facebook event page for more information!
- May 23rd: The Head Geek’s Birthday! I haven’t done this in a few years, but that link is to my Amazon Wish List. I mean, why not?
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The majestic Geek Cat in his window, watching the birds visiting the newly refilled bird feeder.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Twitch – After doing it for a week, I think I’m going to keep it up. Once or twice a week, I’m going to stream my process on editing the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Now, in all honesty, this in and of itself is pretty boring. I’ve got a simple setup, with my webcam showing in one corner, and Audacity showing in the rest of the screen. Everything is silenced, so there are no spoilers for upcoming episodes. However, I’ve had a few people pop in and ask questions, and it looks like a great way to share the little bit I’ve learned about the process. So, if this interests you, subscribe to my stream, and keep an eye on Twitter for when I’ll be recording!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!