Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, cute Geek Pet pics!
I hope everybody had a fantastic weekend! Most of mine was spent doing boring, adult-type stuff, but Friday I went to the SFP and screened a future YGLToN episode with Matt, then Sunday we went to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis to say good-bye to the Star Trek exhibit, and give Lizz a chance to see the rest of the museum. Monday evening was spent over at Studio Movie Grill, thanks to winning tickets to see Shazam from KJ and PopCon. Now, it’s back to work, prepping this week’s Social Sci-Fi Podcast and writing about my beginning experiences with 3D Printing. However, all of that can wait, as I do my day job after publishing this blog post!
So, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
April is here, and it’s busy!
- April 14th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! Back at the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis, this long-running show has a ton of long boxes to dig through, and cool toys to check out! Check out the link for more info!
- April 25th: Mick Foley @ The Toy Pit! Our friends over at The Toy Pit are hosting a visit by wrestler Mick Foley! Information, including photo op and autograph prices, can be found on the Facebook Event Page!
- April 26th – 29th: RollPlus Con! It’s a game con/sleepover down in Trafalgar! A place to sleep, breakfast, and dinner are included for this weekend of games and community! Check it out, there’s just a few slots left for this fun weekend!
- April 27th & 28th: LaffyCon! Back in Lafayette for the 5th year, LaffyCon is a pop culture convention held at the Market Square Shopping Center! Take a look at the link for more information!
Let’s look ahead to May!
- May 4th: Star Wars Day! There are going to be so many events, including events at the Children’s Museum, with the Indianapolis Indians, and Naptown Roller Derby! Watch the blog for a post laying it all out that week!
- May 4th: Free Comic Book Day! This is a huge day for your friendly local comic shop! Keep an eye on the blog the week of the 4th for information on what some of the different shops will be doing!
- May 10th: Wishes, Wands & Wine – Harry Potter Trivia Night! Friend of the blog KJ is helping another Make a Wish kid’s wish come true! Join her at Blackhawk Winery & Vinyard in Sheridan for an evening of, dare I say, magic! Costumes are encouraged, you buy your ticket for your house, and there will be games and trivia as they all work together to send Isabelle to London!
- May 18th: South Bend Comic Convention! This is a one day show held at the Comfort Suites. Check out the Facebook event page for more information!
- May 23rd: The Head Geek’s Birthday! I haven’t done this in a few years, but that link is to my Amazon Wish List. I mean, why not?
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Cat is wondering why I’m pointing a camera at him, and not feeding him food from the table.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Twitch – After doing it for a week, I think I’m going to keep it up. Once or twice a week, I’m going to stream my process on editing the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Now, in all honesty, this in and of itself is pretty boring. I’ve got a simple setup, with my webcam showing in one corner, and Audacity showing in the rest of the screen. Everything is silenced, so there are no spoilers for upcoming episodes. However, I’ve had a few people pop in and ask questions, and it looks like a great way to share the little bit I’ve learned about the process. So, if this interests you, subscribe to my stream, and keep an eye on Twitter for when I’ll be recording!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!