Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, cute Geek Pet pictures!
I don’t know about anyone else, but May is chock full of busy weekends here at the Geek Cave. Friday night was D&D, Saturday was my father-in-law’s birthday and retirement party, and Sunday was Pokemon Detective Pikachu and Mother’s Day. Next weekend is a friend’s wedding, and the next podcast interview for the Indiana Geeking Podcast. In between is work, and trying to get off my butt and get more content out for all of you, including the next episode of YGLToN, featuring a special guest! However, for now, we’re looking at Tuesday Tidbits, and events happening around the state that could be of interest to readers of the blog, and followers of all of my social media feeds!
So, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
May has raced in!
- May 18th: South Bend Comic Convention! This is a one day show held at the Comfort Suites. Check out the Facebook event page for more information!
- May 19th: Pokemon Go Indianapolis Community Day! Are you still catching Pokemon on your cell phone? So am I, and a lot of other people! Join up with them at White River State Park in Indianapolis for a day of catching Pokemon!
- May 23rd: The Head Geek’s Birthday! I haven’t done this in a few years, but that link is to my Amazon Wish List. I mean, why not? But seriously, if you want to get me something, I’m pushing for a new 3D Printer. so jump over to the Ko-Fi page, or get me an Amazon gift card, please!
What’s happening in June?
- June 4th: ABC RPG Networking & Mixer! This is a neat idea: Get a bunch of Table Top RPG podcasters and makers together to meet each other, hang out, and talk with people that enjoy their work. Held at the Books & Brews Mothership off 96th Street, the only money they’re asking for is money for the establishment, given in form of buying a drink or food. So, take a look at the event page, and see what’s up! I hope to see you there!
- June 5th: Pints & Pawsplay! Grab your Geek Pets and head over to Metazoa Brewing for this PopCon Indy “Geek Week” event! Join KJ and Pet Pals TV for an evening to celebrate your Geeky Pets! All pets are welcome, and costumes are encouraged! Check the event link for more info!
- June 7th: The Shake Ups CD Release! Friends of the blog The Shake Ups are releasing their new album, Meddling Kids, at a 21 and older show at Radio Radio in Indianapolis. They will be joined by The Fantastic Plastics and Phyllis for this evening of music!
- June 7th – 9th: PopCon Indy! This convergence of local creators and celebrities will be back in Indy this weekend! Geeking will not have a table this year, but we’re hoping for the return of the Awkward Twitter Mingle, and you’ll see Lizz and I wandering the hall and hitting panels all weekend long!
- June 15th: Three Hole Punch Arts & Music Festival! Hosted by Irvington Vinyl and Books, this is an all-day celebration of local art and music, raising funds for Gluestick!
- June 15th: All Things Handmade Craft Show! Held at Who North America in Camby, this is a local craft show, featuring the work of local artisans and authors!
- June 29th: Shake Ups at Brownsburg! Head on over to the Brownsburg Public Library for this Shake Ups show, featuring their “Saturday Morning Cartoon Adventure Hour” set, and also pick up a copy of their newest album, Meddling Kids!
- June 23rd: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This is a one-day show up in Fort Wayne, with toys, collectibles, and more!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: A happy Geek Pup enjoying the backyard on a warm, sunny day. Testing the zoom on my phone camera.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. Currently, I’m going through the MCU films.
- Goodreads – Update on my reading progress: I’m reading a LOT of graphic novels on my Kindle, and those get added to my list.
- Twitch – After doing it for a week, I think I’m going to keep it up. Once or twice a week, I’m going to stream my process on editing the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts. Now, in all honesty, this in and of itself is pretty boring. I’ve got a simple setup, with my webcam showing in one corner, and Audacity showing in the rest of the screen. Everything is silenced, so there are no spoilers for upcoming episodes. However, I’ve had a few people pop in and ask questions, and it looks like a great way to share the little bit I’ve learned about the process. So, if this interests you, subscribe to my stream, and keep an eye on Twitter for when I’ll be recording!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!