Oof, this is a WEEK coming up! Geek Week has started for PopCon Indy, with events happening around town until the con starts on Friday. Personally, I’ve got about 7 hours of audio work to do between now and Thursday night, so you all can have a Podcast on Friday. This is on top of hanging out at the ABC RPG Networking event tonight at Books & Brews, working extra hours early in the week so I can have Friday off without losing pay, and writing my annual “Things to Do” post for PopCon, letting you know where to find my friends on the con floor!
For those that are not aware, Geeking in Indiana will not have a booth at the con this year. To be honest, I’m still holding on to a ton of merch from previous years, and I really miss wandering the con floor. So, keep your eyes open for me, and I’ll try to be fezzed up, at least on Saturday. Also, while it’s not on here, don’t forget the Awkward Twitter Mingle, to be held Saturday night at 7PM. This is an actual panel for PopCon, so you will need a ticket, but if you’re attending the con, we hope we will see you there!
So, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
June is here!
- June 4th: ABC RPG Networking & Mixer! This is a neat idea: Get a bunch of Table Top RPG podcasters and makers together to meet each other, hang out, and talk with people that enjoy their work. Held at the Books & Brews Mothership off 96th Street, the only money they’re asking for is money for the establishment, given in form of buying a drink or food. So, take a look at the event page, and see what’s up! I hope to see you there!
- June 5th: Pints & Pawsplay! Grab your Geek Pets and head over to Metazoa Brewing for this PopCon Indy “Geek Week” event! Join KJ and Pet Pals TV for an evening to celebrate your Geeky Pets! All pets are welcome, and costumes are encouraged! Check the event link for more info!
- June 7th: The Shake Ups CD Release! Friends of the blog The Shake Ups are releasing their new album, Meddling Kids, at a 21 and older show at Radio Radio in Indianapolis. They will be joined by The Fantastic Plastics and Phyllis for this evening of music!
- June 7th – 9th: PopCon Indy! This convergence of local creators and celebrities will be back in Indy this weekend! Geeking will not have a table this year, but we’re hoping for the return of the Awkward Twitter Mingle, and you’ll see Lizz and I wandering the hall and hitting panels all weekend long!
- June 15th: Three Hole Punch Arts & Music Festival! Hosted by Irvington Vinyl and Books, this is an all-day celebration of local art and music, raising funds for Gluestick!
- June 15th: All Things Handmade Craft Show! Held at Who North America in Camby, this is a local craft show, featuring the work of local artisans and authors!
- June 19th: Game for Good with Partners in Housing! Head down to the Kingmakers on Mass Ave for a night of board games, with proceeds benefiting Partners in Housing! Visit the Facebook Event Page for all the details, and instructions on how your $5 fee can go to PiH!
- June 26th: Mass Hysteria: Ghostbusters Trivia! Join the Circle City Ghostbusters at Tappers Arcade Bar for a night of Ghostbusters trivia! Visit the page to register for reserved seating! 100% of the ticket costs will go to the Dayspring Center.
- June 29th: Shake Ups at Brownsburg! Head on over to the Brownsburg Public Library for this Shake Ups show, featuring their “Saturday Morning Cartoon Adventure Hour” set, and also pick up a copy of their newest album, Meddling Kids!
- June 23rd: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This is a one-day show up in Fort Wayne, with toys, collectibles, and more!
Let’s also look ahead to July!
- July 5th – 7th: InConJunction! This long-running fantasy and science-fiction convention is back for another year! Hosted by the local fan group Circle of Janus, they’ll have some cool guests this year!
- July 5th – 7th: Days of the Dead! This horror and sci-fi show is back! Check out their website for this year’s guest list, featuring horror, science fiction, and wrestling personalities!
- July 12th – 14th: DralaCon! This is a new gaming convention up in Fort Wayne! Check out their website for more information!
- July 20th: TeenCon! This one day show at the New Castle Henry County Public Library has a great assortment of authors and vendors, a costume contest, and trivia! I’ll be going for a bit this year, but I won’t be tabling.
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The internet bought me an accordion.
- Buy a Geek an Accordion and Lessons: As of Saturday, June 1st (the start of Accordion Awareness Month), I am the proud owner of an accordion, purchased from Arthur’s Music in Fountain Square! I’m going to start setting up lessons this week, and any additional money coming in will be put aside to pay for the $25 a week it’ll take to learn the instrument!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Did you see the post talking about the 2019 Blog Budget? Would you like to help us reach those goals? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Geeking Wishlist – This is an Amazon list of tools I could use for blog stuff. Includes podcasting equipment, writing tools, and items for 3D Printing.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!