Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, cute pet pictures!
We’re still solidly in the month of June, so we’re still looking at June and July events. The good thing is, thanks to some searching and tips from readers, we have MORE events on here for this time period than we did last week! It’s added value, or something! This weekend, there’s a couple of great events happening, and if you celebrate it, don’t forget Father’s Day is Sunday the 16th!
Now, what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
June is here!
- June 15th: Three Hole Punch Arts & Music Festival! Hosted by Irvington Vinyl and Books, this is an all-day celebration of local art and music, raising funds for Gluestick!
- June 15th: All Things Handmade Craft Show! Held at Who North America in Camby, this is a local craft show, featuring the work of local artisans and authors!
- June 19th: Game for Good with Partners in Housing! Head down to the Kingmakers on Mass Ave for a night of board games, with proceeds benefiting Partners in Housing! Visit the Facebook Event Page for all the details, and instructions on how your $5 fee can go to PiH!
- June 26th: Mass Hysteria: Ghostbusters Trivia! Join the Circle City Ghostbusters at Tappers Arcade Bar for a night of Ghostbusters trivia! Visit the page to register for reserved seating! 100% of the ticket costs will go to the Dayspring Center.
- June 29th: Shake Ups at Brownsburg! Head on over to the Brownsburg Public Library for this Shake Ups show, featuring their “Saturday Morning Cartoon Adventure Hour” set, and also pick up a copy of their newest album, Meddling Kids!
- June 23rd: Ft. Wayne Hobby & Record Show! This is a one-day show up in Fort Wayne, with toys, collectibles, and more!
- June 30th: Ash Comic Show! Returning to the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis, check out their selection of comic books and collectibles, for a low entry fee!
Let’s also look ahead to July!
- July 5th – 7th: InConJunction! This long-running fantasy and science-fiction convention is back for another year! Hosted by the local fan group Circle of Janus, they’ll have some cool guests this year!
- July 5th – 7th: Days of the Dead! This horror and sci-fi show is back! Check out their website for this year’s guest list, featuring horror, science fiction, and wrestling personalities!
- July 12th – 14th: DralaCon! This is a new gaming convention up in Fort Wayne! Check out their website for more information!
- July 18th: Smithing with Jon Nagel! Hosted by the Indianapolis Art Center, this event is a demo and Q&A with blacksmith Jon Nagel!
- July 20th: TeenCon! This one day show at the New Castle Henry County Public Library has a great assortment of authors and vendors, a costume contest, and trivia! I’ll be going for a bit this year, but I won’t be tabling.
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Cat concerns himself not with human issues, such as conventions or audio editing.
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Do you want to help with accordion lessons? Here’s how you can!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a Raktajino” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here! Bonus: Patrons get extra things, like free sticker offers, weekly blog updates, discounts in the Geeking store, and more!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Geeking Shop – It turns out that while I’m a decent blogger and podcaster, I’m not great at the merch. I have a lot of stuff laying around the Geek Cave Office, taking up space, and I’m starting to drop prices to get it gone. Take a look! Note: I’m still going to be donating $2 from each Geek Dog and Geek Cat pin to EARPS until they’re gone.
- Geeking Wishlist – This is an Amazon list of tools I could use for blog stuff. Includes podcasting equipment, writing tools, and items for 3D Printing.
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!