We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, pictures of the Geek Pets!
We have now wrapped up August, and are into the month of September. This first week is a full one, with a comic signing in Muncie, conventions in Indianapolis and Elkhart, and a Five Year Mission show in Fountain Square. All of this is just kicking off the next few months, where we all barely have time to breathe if we want to take it all in!
So, what do we need to mark our calendars for?
What’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
Let’s look at September!
- September 5th: Eliot Rahal Signing! Eliot will be signing his books, including his newest Midnight Vista, at Aw Yeah Comics! in Muncie from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Make sure to grab the variant covers that are exclusive to Aw Yeah and Downtown Comics!
- September 6th – 8th: HorrorHound Weekend! They’ve grown! This year, check out HorrorHound at the Indianapolis Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis, for all of your horror, pop culture, and mask needs!
- September 7th and 8th: Hall of Heroes Comic Con! Hosted by the Hall of Heroes Museum, this is a cool pop culture show up in Elkhart!
- September 7th: Five Year Mission, Yavin 4, and Hot Rod Nebula at Radio Radio! Catch three great local bands over at Radio Radio in Fountain Square! Ages 21 and over.
- September 12th: ABC RPG Meet-up! The date for the next “Always Be Creating Role Playing Games” meet-up has been set! It will be held at the Books & Brews in Noblesville, in the Hamilton Town Center, from 6PM to 10PM. Do you create role playing games? Do you run a live-play podcast? Do you write about role playing games? RSVP at the Event Link, and I’ll see you there!
- September 14th: Indy Author Event 2019! Head over to the Indianapolis Marriott East to attend this event, featuring a mix of authors from around the world! Visit the website for more information, including how to get tickets, and the authors scheduled to be in attendance!
- September 20th – 22nd: RamenCon! South Bend’s annual fan-run anime convention!
- September 21st: Indy Disney Meet! Join a bunch of your fellow Disney fans at this annual meetup at the Hamilton County Fairgrounds in Noblesville!
- September 28th: Star Wars in September! From noon until four at Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie, meet a bevy of Star Wars creatives! Do you like those Action Figure Variant covers they have on the comic books? Get one signed by their artist, John Tyler Christopher! Do you like Star Wars Adventures? Head on over to meet Michael Moreci! Do you like Grand Admiral Thrawn? Then meet Timothy Zahn! Plus, Thom Zahler will have a special, exclusive print for the occasion, and he’ll be there signing, as well! That’s a lot of Star Wars!
- September 29th: Fort Wayne Hobby and Collectibles Show! Head up to Fort Wayne if you’re looking for cool collectibles and records! This one day show just might be where you find that elusive gem! You never know!
Now, on to October!
- October 1st – 31st: Socktober! Our friends at Aw Yeah Comics in Muncie are collecting new pairs of socks for a local shelter! Socks for women, men, and children are needed, and if they’re Geeky, then even better!
- October 5th and 6th: Indiana Renaissance Faire! Jousting, music, merchants, and food are the name of the game at the 2019 edition of the Ren Faire!
- October 6th: Indiana Toy & Comic Expo! Returning to the Monroe Convention Center, this is a great show for those who are into toys and local artists! Affordable admission, food trucks, and a variety of contests will be available for those who attend! Check it out!
- October 12th: Kokomo-Con! Back at the Kokomo Event Center for the 10th year! Vendors, guests, cosplayers, and games! It’s a great one-day show up in the home of Geek Street!
- October 19th and 20th: VoltCon! Celebrating the 35th anniversary of Voltron, this is a locally organized convention covering all incarnations of the series! Held at the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis, space is limited, so if this looks like your thing, visit the link!
- October 25th – 27th: St. Peter’s Game Night for Extra Life! More info coming soon, but this is a great Extra Life event put on by some friend’s of the blog.
- October 26th: Doctoberfest! Hosted by Who North America in Camby, it’s a Doctor Who-themed fall festival! Check it out!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: London Cat, London Cat, where the heck is that damn cat at? Is she small? Listen here. She’ll find a crack, and she’ll disappear. Look out! Where is the London Cat?
- Clockwork Creatures: Commissions for Conservation! Friend of the blog Mike Ficarra is currently running an IndieGoGo campaign for his new coffee table book, which contains steampunk-inspired artwork of different animals and creatures. In addition, 10% of the money raised will go to charities like IndyHumane, and a few others! Take a look, and give it your support!
- Extra Life! For many years now, I’ve helped promote friends doing Extra Life, the 24 hours of gaming charity for (usually) Riley Children’s Hospital. This year, since I work with a bunch of gamers, my co-workers and I are doing it ourselves! We’re still planning our games, but I can guarantee we will be streaming. So, if you want to donate, and help kids, follow the link at the beginning of this bullet point to help us out!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Incorporated. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Incorporated! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!