We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, pictures of the Geek Pets!
Dang it, November is just flying by, isn’t it? We still have a couple weeks until Thanksgiving, but we’ve already had our first appreciable snowfall! Sadly, here at the Geek Cave we don’t subscribe to french toast, so instead we just had hamburgers and fries. Anyway…
This weekend has some great stuff happening. Saturday is the next Comic Carnival Zine Jam, where a bunch of folx get together to work on a zine. Then, Saturday night, we have the next Shake Ups covering the Beatles show over at Radio Radio! I’m hearing they’re delving into more of their later material this year! We just need to make it through the week, to get to the cool stuff this weekend!
Now, what’s happening during these last couple of months of 2019?
On with the countdown!
What’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
November starts Friday!
- November 16th: 4th Annual Beatle Bash! The Shake Ups are returning to Radio Radio with their outstanding Beatles tribute! They are joined by Louie Louie, and New August Bluegrass performing a bluegrass tribute! 21 and over.
- November 16th: Comic Carnival Zine Jam #4! Hosted by Comic Carnival and Gluestick Indy, this is a group effort in putting together a Zine! This time around, the theme is “Robots and Mechs”, so I’m hoping y’all throw in some Megas XLR!
- November 16th: INChaserCon 2019! Storm Chasing is not a form of Geekery I normally throw out there, but who knows? If I can tell one person about something cool they weren’t aware of, it’s worth it! Held at the Hendricks County Convention Center in Danville! h/t to Greg Chaney for the heads up!
- November 21st: Dice & Decks: Game Night at the Athenaeum! It’s an evening of card, tabletop, and dice games for the whole family! Tables and chairs will be set up in the lobby areas of the Athenaeum for people to bring their own games, or to play some of the games they have available.
- November 28th – December 1st: Starbase Indy! Celebrate Thanksgiving Weekend with your Geeky chosen family at this long-running Star Trek/STEM convention at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis!
And now, December, wrapping up 2019!
- December 14th: Rise of Indy Lightsaber Academy Winter Tournament! The Indy Lightsaber Academy will be holding their Winter Tournament, just in time for the final film of the Star Wars saga!
- December 20th: Indy Indies Holiday Showcase! Held at the Ideagarden at IUPUI, this is a showcase of local game creators, from 5 PM to 8 PM. There will be food, game demos, a gift exchange, and a charity drive! Check out the Meetup event at the link above, and check out their Facebook Page here!
- December 21st: Zinester Solstice! Hosted by Gluestick Indy and Irvington Vinyl & Books, this is a get-together of zine makers, surrounded by vinyl records, light snacks, and good vibes. A great break from the holiday hustle and bustle!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Cat hiding under my desk, peering anxiously into the other room where the vacuum cleaner is running.
- 2020 Convention & Event Listings. I’m working on updating my spreadsheet, and writing the blog page, for the 2020 conventions. Sure, a lot of the later-in-the-year ones don’t have dates announced yet, but there are a lot already that do, including a couple of new conventions. Please, if you run a show, make sure you have an updated Facebook page, or website, or even reach out to me directly via email, not Facebook Messenger.
- Extra Life! It was a long weekend, streaming for fifteen and a half hours on Friday night/Saturday morning, then streaming for another thirteen hours on Saturday night/Sunday morning, but I’ve made it through my first weekend! I can still raise money through the end of 2019, so feel free to keep hitting the link, and keep tossing money at Riley Children’s Hospital!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Incorporated. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Incorporated! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!