We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, pictures of the Geek Pets!
With the passing of Thanksgiving Weekend, December is now upon us. We are frantically trying to wrap up our 2019 “to do” lists, working on our plans for 2020, and trying to figure out what to get loved ones for holiday presents. I’m going to bang this drum all through the season when it comes to gift buying: Shop local. I’ve even scrapped all plans to do “gift guide” posts filled with Amazon Affiliate Links through the end of the year, to tell you all to visit your friendly local shops! We are blessed with an abundance of locally owned shops of the Geeky variety, so as you’re looking for gifts this holiday season, show them some love instead of companies that care less about whether your spending money with them or not.
On with the countdown!
What’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
We are in the final month of 2019, December!!
- December 7th: Voice Over Workshop! The Bloomington Academy of Film & Theater let me know about this upcoming workshop, focusing on voice over work for anime, audiobook, and commercials! Featuring voice actor Leraldo Anzaldua (IMDB), the class will look at equipment, software, how to do a demo reel, and more information on techniques and what you need to know! Visit the link for more information!
- December 11th: ABCRPG Meet-Up and White Elephant Die Exchange! The Always Be Creating Role Playing Games meet-up is returning! This month, it’s being held at the new Doughnuts and Dragons on the north side of Indianapolis, and it’s featuring a White Elephant Die Exchange! Yes, not dice, but die! A single, cool die that you think someone else would love in their collection! Take a look at the link for all the info, and make sure to do the free registration so they know who all to expect!
- December 13th: Cafe Macabre Live Reading! This new horror anthology, put out by an all-female crew, will be featured in a live-reading by Leah Lederman at the Scarlet Lane Brewing Company in McCordsville! Fittingly, it’s on Friday the 13th!
- December 14th: Rise of Indy Lightsaber Academy Winter Tournament! The Indy Lightsaber Academy will be holding their Winter Tournament, just in time for the final film of the Star Wars saga!
- December 20th: Indy Indies Holiday Showcase! Held at the Ideagarden at IUPUI, this is a showcase of local game creators, from 5 PM to 8 PM. There will be food, game demos, a gift exchange, and a charity drive! Check out the Meetup event at the link above, and check out their Facebook Page here!
Let’s jump ahead to 2020, and January!
- January 18th: Cafe Macabre Live Reading! It’s another chance to meet the women behind Cafe Macabre, the horror anthology created by an all-female crew! Mark your calendars, and keep your eye on this space for more information! It will be held at Indy Reads Books on Mass Ave. in Indianapolis!
- January 31st – February 2nd: IndyStorm Gaming Con! It’s a new gaming convention, at the Wyndham West. Check out their site for more information.
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: The Elusive Cat has been a bit more social lately, though she’s still not too keen on pictures. Can you believe this is the Geek Cat’s sister?
- 2020 Convention & Event Listings. It’s up, and it’s constantly being updated! You can find it on the sidebar (on the PC), at the bottom of the page (on Mobile), or at this link!
- Extra Life! I can still raise money through the end of 2019, so feel free to keep hitting the link, and keep tossing money at Riley Children’s Hospital!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Incorporated. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Incorporated! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later!