It’s time for another edition of Tuesday Tidbits! This long-running staple of Geeking in Indiana takes a look at events happening in the state of Indiana that I think would be of interest to Geeks from, or visiting, this state! I take a look at the current month, and the next month, and try to find book signings, conventions, shows, meet-ups, and whatever else I think would be of interest! In addition, I have information on what’s happening with the blog, information about how you can support local creators, and of course, Geek Pet pictures!
This week, there’s not much new added. I’ve got a toy and comic show thrown into March, but otherwise? I spent a few hours looking through Facebook events on Saturday, and while a ton of shops have weekly game nights, or Friday Night Magic, or what have you, there was nothing that caught my eye. However, if you’re looking for D&D games, Friday Night Magic, or open game nights, check out your local shop’s Facebook event pages, because they all seem to have something going on!
What’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
February is here!
- February 12th: Paul Allor Book Signing! Local comic book writer Paul Allor (GI Joe, Clue, TET, Monstro Mechanica) will be at Downtown Comics to sign the newest issue of one of his current comic books, GI Joe! He’ll be at the downtown location from 10:30 AM to 1 PM, then at the north side location from 4:30 PM to 7 PM! FUN FACT – Issue 5 is based in Indianapolis!
- February 15th: NWI Comic-Con! Returning to the Halls of St. George in Schererville, I’ve heard good things about this one-day show, but fate has always kept me away from it. Maybe this will be the year I can head up to the Region to check it out?
- February 20th: ABC RPG Meetup! The next networking event for local game creators, live-play podcasters, and aficionados will be held at the Books & Brews on Mass Ave from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM! RSVP at the provided link, and make sure to buy food and drink to support the local business that provides the space!
- February 21st – 23rd: Anime Crossroads 2020! Moving over to the Marriott East in Indianapolis, this is a locally-ran anime convention!
- February 22nd: Matthew Barron Signing! Comic Carnival and Gluestick are bringing local author Matthew Barron in for a signing! He’ll have his books available, and will be in store from Noon to Five.
- February 22nd: A.T. Con! This is a new show put on by a couple Geeky shops up in Fort Wayne! It’s All Things Con, and check out their Facebook page for more information!
- February 26th: Alessandra DC Signing! Local artist Alessandra DC will be at Comic Carnival, courtesy of Gluestick, signing her work from Noon to Five! Come out, and support your local creators!
- February 28th: Pinball FUNdraiser! Hosted by Books & Brews – South Indy, this is a fundraiser for CICOA! Visit the page for more info!
March will be here sooner than you think!
- March 7th: Hitchhiker’s 42nd Anniversary! It’s the 42nd anniversary of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy radio play, and Who North America has plans! Keep an eye on the Facebook event for more info!
- March 15th: Knight’s Hall Comic and Toy Show! This is a new show in Indianapolis, the first of three that will happen in 2020. Visit their site for information leading up to the event!
- March 20th – 22nd: EvilleCon! This is a fan-run anime convention down in Evansville, at the Old National Events Plaza!
- March 21st – 22nd: Brickworld Indianapolis! Lego! Lots and lots of Lego! What else do you need to know?
- March 29th: Fort Wayne Hobby and Collectibles Show! This is a regular collectibles show up in Fort Wayne. Great place to look for action figures and the like!
There are many awesome folx in the Hoosier state creating great things. Comics, blogs, podcasts, artwork of every imaginable type, we have it all. This year, I want to start putting a spotlight on many of these. I’ve pinned a tweet to my profile on Twitter, where I’m asking local folx to add their information. You can find that link here (link). Every month, I’ll put a new creator up here for you to check out, and hopefully support!
- This month’s creator is Twitter User @JessPendley! Jess is, and I quote, “1/2 of @UOPublishing! We create 5th edition content for D&D. We have premium and free supplements available at the links below.” So definitely check out those links, and see some of the really cool stuff they put out for D&D!
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Dog and the Geek Pup, staring up at me while I’m at my computer, hoping for a bit of my lunch.
- Team Geeking Family of Podcasts: So far, nobody has expressed disappointment at the lack of Indiana Geeking Podcasts, we’re editing the second episode of YGLToN, scheduled the second and third episodes of Social Sci-Fi, and Lizz has picked up a good portion of the editing and clean-up of the tracks, leaving me more time to start organizing past episode files, and clean up my hard drives.
- Geek Building: I’m currently saving money for some of the cloth parts of my next costume, found another part on eBay, and looking into how to recondition an old pair of boots for another part. In the meantime, I’ve been printing pieces to help the teen and her father work on an Ashe (Overwatch) costume, and they’ve been happy with what I’ve provided.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!