It’s time for another edition of Tuesday Tidbits! This long-running staple of Geeking in Indiana takes a look at events happening in the state of Indiana that I think would be of interest to Geeks from, or visiting, this state! I take a look at the current month, and the next month, and try to find book signings, conventions, shows, meet-ups, and whatever else I think would be of interest! In addition, I have information on what’s happening with the blog, information about how you can support local creators, and of course, Geek Pet pictures!
First off, I apologize for missing last week. Once I was done with work, around 2PM on Monday, I went upstairs due to pain in my lower back, and wasn’t really able to make it downstairs until Wednesday morning. Of course, I’m not a smart man, and I left my work Chromebook down in the office, so I couldn’t do any work or blogging. All I had was my cell phone and a Kindle, and I can’t really blog on those! However, we’re back this week, looking at the last few events of February, and starting to look ahead to April!
What’s happening for Hoosier Geeks?
February has some life left!
- February 26th: Alessandra DC Signing! Local artist Alessandra DC will be at Comic Carnival, courtesy of Gluestick, signing her work from Noon to Five! Come out, and support your local creators!
- February 28th: Pinball FUNdraiser! Hosted by Books & Brews – South Indy, this is a fundraiser for CICOA! Visit the page for more info!
March will be here next week!
- March 7th: Hitchhiker’s 42nd Anniversary! It’s the 42nd anniversary of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy radio play, and Who North America has plans! Keep an eye on the Facebook event for more info!
- March 15th: Knight’s Hall Comic and Toy Show! This is a new show in Indianapolis, the first of three that will happen in 2020. Visit their site for information leading up to the event!
- March 20th – 22nd: EvilleCon! This is a fan-run anime convention down in Evansville, at the Old National Events Plaza!
- March 21st – 22nd: Brickworld Indianapolis! Lego! Lots and lots of Lego! What else do you need to know?
- March 29th: Fort Wayne Hobby and Collectibles Show! This is a regular collectibles show up in Fort Wayne. Great place to look for action figures and the like!
April arrives on Tuesday Tidbits!
- April 3rd – 5th: Midwest RepRap Festival! Do you like 3D Printing? Believe it or not, one of the biggest gatherings of 3D Printing enthusiasts is located in Goshen! Keep your eyes open for Lizz and I, because we really enjoyed this event last year, and are looking forward to heading back this year with a bit of knowledge, so we know what questions to ask, and what tips we can use!
- April 10th – 12th: Who’s Yer Con! This locally-ran gaming convention is back for another year! While a paid admission will get you some cool stuff and is greatly appreciated, you can choose to attend for free! Visit their site for more information!
- April 10th – 12th: Indiana Comic Convention
- April 24th – 27th: RollPlus Con! This is a small gathering of gamers held in De Motte. It’s pretty much a weekend of gaming. A bed, breakfast, and dinner are provided, and from what I heard about last year’s, it’s a really fun event! Check out the info on their website!
There are many awesome folx in the Hoosier state creating great things. Comics, blogs, podcasts, artwork of every imaginable type, we have it all. This year, I want to start putting a spotlight on many of these. I’ve pinned a tweet to my profile on Twitter, where I’m asking local folx to add their information. You can find that link here (link). Every month, I’ll put a new creator up here for you to check out, and hopefully support!
- This month’s creator is Twitter User @JessPendley! Jess is, and I quote, “1/2 of @UOPublishing! We create 5th edition content for D&D. We have premium and free supplements available at the links below.” So definitely check out those links, and see some of the really cool stuff they put out for D&D!
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Pup, staring at me last Tuesday. “Really? We’re stuck in here with you all day, until the teen comes home and lets us out?”
- Team Geeking Family of Podcasts: So far, nobody has expressed disappointment at the lack of Indiana Geeking Podcasts, we’re editing the second episode of YGLToN, scheduled the second and third episodes of Social Sci-Fi, and Lizz has picked up a good portion of the editing and clean-up of the tracks, leaving me more time to start organizing past episode files, and clean up my hard drives.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!