I hope everyone is staying healthy and wearing their masks! It’s another Tuesday here at the Geek Cave, and I’m slowly getting back into the swing of finding events for Tuesday Tidbits. Starting this week, things are changing slightly. For the next few months, at least, everything I’ll be listing will be online only. This means that not everything will be local, because there’s some great stuff happening through other states that I know people around here would want to know about. For example, if I had gotten back to this earlier, events like San Diego Comic Con or DragonCon had an online presence, and I would have recommended those. My main goal is to help people find things to do while they’re spending time at home.
In addition, I’m going back to doing a shout-out to a local creator, so those of us who might have some extra money can go ahead and support those who are hurting due to all in-person events getting shuttered. This week is a friend of mine, who I keep stalking their Etsy shop to see if some items I’m looking for are back in stock.
With this said, I’m going to go ahead and jump into what’s happening. I’m hoping to keep this growing, but it’s kinda hard to pin down events on Facebook or Google searches! If you know of anything, let me know!
What’s happening for Online Geeks?
Let’s look at September!
- September 10th: Star Trek Virtual Night! Hosted by a company called Whiz Trivia, it’s a trivia night all for Trekkies! The description says it covers all flavors of Trek, so you might want to take a look!
- September 11th: FNM From Home – Historic! Put on by The Game Preserve over at the Fashion Mall Commons, this is a good way to get your Magic: The Gathering on as you’re not supposed to be sitting in a room full of people, which is what Friday Night Magic normally is.
- September 14th: Adding Intelligence to the Edge Devices with Cloud IoT! Disclaimer, this is sponsored by my employer, but I know a lot of readers are techie types, so I’m throwing it out there. Put on by GDG Indy, this month’s online talk covers using Cloud IoT Edge.
- September 18th – 20th: Virtual HorrorHound Weekend! The show is going online! If you’re a fan of horror, you might want to check this out!
This week, I want to give a shout out to Bath Omens! Ran by Jess, who many of you might know as Kahahuna, this is a great place to get handmade soaps, bath bombs, shampoo bars, and other fun, smell-good items. Personally, I am a fan of the shampoo bars, and both Lizz and my mother think her bath bombs are great. You need to stay on top of it, though, because she makes everything by hand, and items sell out quick!
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: Just a couple of puppers that like to pretend they don’t get along, snoozing on the couch. Bonus Geek Cat.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an online event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!