Have you ever had those times when you’ve got too much to do, and too little time to do it in? That’s kinda where I’m sitting with October, right now. Still, I’ve promised to get you all weekly Tuesday Tidbits again, so here I am!
Plus, my Mouse sander isn’t in until tomorrow, so I’m at a stand-still on one of my projects.
Anyway, even with me being tight on time, I’m trying not to slack off on all of you. I’ve got a new in-person, yet outdoors and socially distant, event up on the calendar, and I’ve fleshed out the Podcast section, as well as the “What I’m Reading/Watching/Playing” section. In fact, the podcast section now let’s you know when the most recent episode (at least, as of the writing of this blog post) was posted, and what it’s about!
With this said, I’m going to go ahead and jump into what’s happening.
What’s happening for Online Geeks?
October starts on Thursday!
- Now – November 2nd: Absentee In-Person (Early) Voting in Indiana!
- October 9th: Kinda Nerdy Night Out at the Drive In! Okay, it’s not a virtual event, but a drive-in theater is good social distancing and gets you out of the house pretty safely. Our friends with the Kinda Nerdy Girls Podcast are hosting an 80’s drive-in night. Check the link to keep up with information as it comes in!
- October 9th – 12: Gary Con presents Autumn Revel! The Gary Con gaming convention in Wisconsin is holding an online convention, to figure things out for the inevitable 2021 Virtual Conventions!
- October 16th – 18th: Multiverse Science Fiction & Fantasy Convention! It’s another online convention, this time based out of Atlanta, GA. 100% virtual, free to attend, so might be worth checking out?
- October 22nd: Deadline to request absentee ballot in Indiana!
- October 30th: 80’s Movie Night at Tibbs Drive-In! Join the Kinda Nerdy Girls and the Circle City Ghostbusters at The Tibbs Drive-In for an evening of 80’s fun, outdoors, in a socially-distant environment.
November? Not too far off, honestly.
- November 3rd: Election Day, Absentee Ballots must be received by this day via mail, or by noon in person!
- November 14th: Virtual THANKS4GIVING 2020! Hosted by Who’s Yer Gamers, their yearly fund drive is going virtual. Instead of cans of food, they’re asking for a $10 donation, to go towards the Anchor House Family Assistance Center and Pantry. Watch the page to see what’s happening on which platform!
- This Week: Let’s take a look at local artist David Lee Pancake! If you have ever gone through Artist’s Alley at Gen Con, you will recognize his fantasy and science fiction art and sculpture. Take a look at his site, and get some stuff to change up the looks of the walls you’ve been staring at since March!
- Past artist: Bath Omens! Ran by Jess, who many of you might know as Kahahuna, this is a great place to get handmade soaps, bath bombs, shampoo bars, and other fun, smell-good items. Personally, I am a fan of the shampoo bars, and both Lizz and my mother think her bath bombs are great. You need to stay on top of it, though, because she makes everything by hand, and items sell out quick!
You probably have an abundance of time on your hands, still, so why don’t you fill your earholes with the voices of some of your favorite local Geeks? Here’s a rundown of the local Geeky shows that I’m aware of, and when their most recent episode was. Note that if I mention something is a “story-based podcast,” you might not want to start with the most recent episode!
- Anthology – The Twilight Zone Podcast (8/13/2020) – Currently on a brief hiatus, their most recent episode takes a look at the 6th episode of the second season of the CBS All Access series, The Twilight Zone.
- The Brandon Peters Show (10/5/2020) – While Brandon has content throughout the week, yesterday’s show was probably, in Brandon’s words, “Quite possibly my favorite episode of any podcast I’ve ever produced.”
- Comic Carnival Comic Junkies Podcast (6/6/2020) – With work from home fatigue wearing out their editor, it’s been a few months, but one of their next episodes will feature yours truly.
- The Established Facts Podcast (9/23/2020) – The crew talks about some of the silver linings of 2020.
- The Five(ish) Fangirls Podcast (9/29/2020) – What’s keeping the Five(ish) Fangirls occupied during the pandemic? See what they’re watching, reading, and listening to.
- Heart Beats: A Heartwarming Fantasy (9/3/2020) – “Date Night” is the most recent episode of this story-based podcast.
- Kinda Nerdy Girls Podcast (10/5/2020) – The crew takes a look at Animal Crossing and The Good Place with guests Supernatural Shelley and Alana King.
- The Nerds You’re Looking For(10/1/2020) –Pat and Tyler talk their top five movie scenes, and their least favorite movie scene.
- The Obsessive Viewer Podcast (10/4/2020) – Matt is joined by new recurring co-host Ben Sears to talk about Evert’s Great Movies list.
- Red Mage Blue Mage (10/5/2020) – Amber and Kenny do some “Show and Tell” discussion about Magic finance, and more.
- Shapeshift (10/4/2020) – “Gnome Gnursery” is the lasted episode of this story-based podcast.
- Tales from Mauxferry (9/22/2020) – “The Mummy Lord” is the latest episode of this story-based podcast.
- Tower Junkies(8/27/2020) –Matt and Tiny take a look at the 2014 Stephen King novel, Revival.
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Cat, loafing on the back of the sofa, wondering why the Geek Pup is getting so much more attention than him.
- What’s keeping me entertained? I mean, there’s not much else going on right now, so let’s see what’s keeping me entertained. Affiliate links where applicable.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an online or outdoor event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!