Have you ever had those times when you’ve got too much to do, and too little time to do it in? That’s kinda where I’m sitting with October, right now. Still, I’ve promised to get you all weekly Tuesday Tidbits again, so here I am!
I’m still doing what I can to find online events for you all to check out, but I think there’s a couple things happening. First off, people are getting tired of sitting at their computers at home, so the online events are fewer and farther between. Second, people are starting to think if they ignore the pandemic, it’s going to go away, so they’re back to doing events in stores, even when they don’t have to. Either way, it’s frustrating the heck out of me as I’m filtering Facebook Events by “Online Only” and I’m still getting listings for haunted houses, in-store book signings, and the like. No matter, I’ll keep searching for you all.
Before we roll into the listings, I’d also like to remind people about the upcoming Extra Life Game Day. I haven’t pushed it too awful much this year, because of everything that’s been going on, pretty much everywhere. However, a children’s hospital is a very worthwhile charity, so I am going to push it even more the next few weeks. I’m planning on streaming ten to twelve hours on Saturday, November 7th, and I’m looking for ideas of what people would want to watch. As I mentioned over on Twitter, I’ve got a few things in mind, but I’m always open to suggestions. Feel free to chime in there with ideas, and you can find more information down in the event listings.
With this said, I’m going to go ahead and jump into what’s happening.
What’s happening for Online Geeks?
October starts on Thursday!
- Now – November 2nd: Absentee In-Person (Early) Voting in Indiana!
- October 22nd: Deadline to request absentee ballot in Indiana! That’s this Thursday, friends! Two days from now!
- October 22nd: Extra Life Stream! The Extra Life team I’m a member of, The Andromeda Initiative, will be doing their next stream this Thursday, starting at 8 PM! We’re probably going to be chucking sheep at each other in one of the Worms games if you want to come check it out, and as always, you can give through my Extra Life Page!
- October 30th: 80’s Movie Night at Tibbs Drive-In! Join the Kinda Nerdy Girls and the Circle City Ghostbusters at The Tibbs Drive-In for an evening of 80’s fun, outdoors, in a socially-distant environment.
November? Not too far off, honestly.
- November 3rd: Election Day, Absentee Ballots must be received by this day via mail, or by noon in person!
- November 7th: Extra Life Game Day! While my team has been doing stuff all year, I do want to get in and do some stuff on Extra Life Game Day! I’m still figuring out what I want to be doing, and I’ll post it up here when I have it figured out. It’ll probably be a mix of PC Games, PS4 Games, and maybe watching something using that Twitch group watch thing for movies for somewhere between 8 and 12 hours. Watch this space, subscribe to my Twitch channel at the link above, and you can always give through my Extra Life Page!
- November 14th: Virtual THANKS4GIVING 2020! Hosted by Who’s Yer Gamers, their yearly fund drive is going virtual. Instead of cans of food, they’re asking for a $10 donation, to go towards the Anchor House Family Assistance Center and Pantry. Watch the page to see what’s happening on which platform!
- This Week: Let’s take a look at local artist David Lee Pancake! If you have ever gone through Artist’s Alley at Gen Con, you will recognize his fantasy and science fiction art and sculpture. Take a look at his site, and get some stuff to change up the looks of the walls you’ve been staring at since March!
- Past artist: Bath Omens! Ran by Jess, who many of you might know as Kahahuna, this is a great place to get handmade soaps, bath bombs, shampoo bars, and other fun, smell-good items. Personally, I am a fan of the shampoo bars, and both Lizz and my mother think her bath bombs are great. You need to stay on top of it, though, because she makes everything by hand, and items sell out quick!
You probably have an abundance of time on your hands, still, so why don’t you fill your earholes with the voices of some of your favorite local Geeks? Here’s a rundown of the local Geeky shows that I’m aware of, and when their most recent episode was. Note that if I mention something is a “story-based podcast,” you might not want to start with the most recent episode!
- Anthology – The Twilight Zone Podcast (8/13/2020) – Currently on a brief hiatus, their most recent episode takes a look at the 6th episode of the second season of the CBS All Access series, The Twilight Zone.
- The Brandon Peters Show (10/19/2020) – Brandon’s most recent episode as of this writing has him being joined by Jessica Alsman to talk Netflix’s Hubie Halloween.
- Comic Carnival Comic Junkies Podcast (6/6/2020) – With work from home fatigue wearing out their editor, it’s been a few months, but one of their next episodes will feature yours truly.
- The Established Facts Podcast (9/23/2020) – The crew talks about some of the silver linings of 2020.
- The Five(ish) Fangirls Podcast (10/13/2020) – This episode, they take a look at Disney’s The Black Cauldron.
- Heart Beats: A Heartwarming Fantasy (10/19/2020) – “The Heart Witch” is the most recent episode of this story-based podcast.
- Kinda Nerdy Girls Podcast (10/18/2020) – There is much discussion about Chris Evans and tattoos, plus talk about The Outer Worlds.
- The Nerds You’re Looking For(10/13/2020) – Pat and Tyler talk Hubie Halloween, Star Wars Squadrons, and The Wolf of Snow Hollow.
- The Obsessive Viewer Podcast (10/4/2020) – Matt is joined by new recurring co-host Ben Sears to talk about Evert’s Great Movies list.
- Red Mage Blue Mage (10/19/2020) – This week, “Multiplayer Commander Finale: Overwatch Edition.”
- Shapeshift (10/15/2020) – “Taskmaster Tansy” is the lasted episode of this story-based podcast.
- Tales from Mauxferry (10/6/2020) – “Batter Up” is the latest episode of this story-based podcast.
- Tower Junkies(8/27/2020) –Matt and Tiny take a look at the 2014 Stephen King novel, Revival.
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Pup, finally calmed down after we returned from vacation.
- What’s keeping me entertained? I mean, there’s not much else going on right now, so let’s see what’s keeping me entertained. Affiliate links where applicable.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an online or outdoor event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!