Happy Tuesday, my friends! We are back with another installment of Tuesday Tidbits, where I try to track down events that I think would be of interest to you, my fellow Geeks here in Indiana! Plus, hey, cute animal pictures!
First and foremost, Happy New Year! 2018 is now behind us, and I need to find a new calendar to hang by my desk. I am thinking something Star Trek-related, like the Ships of the Line or something like that. I’ve also got to sit down and put together a plan for the blog, as I try to figure out how to best manage my time now that I don’t have people looking over my shoulder (this is REALLY weird!). 2019 is going to be an interesting year for the blog, as it’s going to cease to be just my vision, and also start including the visions of others. In the past, I’ve had Team Geeking writers like Grant, Bri, Sam, and Michelle, all who have contributed some fantastic articles on the blog. This year? If Grant has time (school takes priority), he’ll be writing. However, I also have some new stuff coming from friends, which I’ll talk about in a post later this week, as I do the stereotypical “Looking Ahead” sort of thing.
Now, let’s move on to what’s happening for Hoosier Geeks!
We are now in 2019! Let’s look at this month!
- January 9th: Prideland Collectibles Grand Opening! There is a section of Washington Square Mall that is a bit of a “Geek” section, which I’ll talk about later this week, but for now, I want you all to know the newest comic & collectible shop will be having their grand opening on January 9th! More information will be coming before the day, but mark your calendars if you want to check it out!
- January 9th: Little Guardians Signing! Come on down to Comic Carnival in Indianapolis, meet Ed and Lee, the creative team behind Little Guardians! They will be in the shop with their newest collection, and they’d love to tell you about it, and maybe even sell you a copy or two!
- January 13th: How to Stop Being Scared and Start Publishing: On Dialogue! This is part of a series of events hosted by Irvington Vinyl & Books, talking about writing. Take a look at the event to see if it would work for you! I know I’m thinking about it!
- January 30th: Michael Moreci @ Comic Carnival! Michael Moreci (Star Wars Adventures, Wasted Space) will be at Comic Carnival in Indianapolis from 11 AM to 6 PM, signing his books. This will be the same day Star Wars Adventures #18 and Wasted Space #6 releases!
Heck, let’s look at February, while we’re at it!
- February 6th – 10th: Winter Fantasy! Someday, I’m going to make it up to this, but sadly this is the weekend of the Geekling’s Birthday! For those who aren’t familiar, it’s a gaming con up in Fort Wayne! Take a look!
- February 8th – 10th: Anime Crossroads! This fan-run anime show at the Wyndham West in Indianapolis has bee a long-running tradition for many of my readers!
- February 17th: Ash Comic & Toy Show! The longest-running toy and comic show in Indianapolis is returning to the Rodeway Inn in Indianapolis!
- February 23rd: NWI Comic-Con! Held up in Schererville, this con has been happening for a few years, and I have heard a lot of good things. Maybe this year, we can take the Cardis up north and check it out!
Now, what’s happening with the blog, the blogger, and friends of the blog?
- Today’s Picture: Happy New Year! In 2019, I’m going to change my online avatars at the beginning of every month, to a picture drawn by a local artist. For January, I’m using art I received from Chris Ludden, of Indiana Geeking as a Muppet! I can definitely say I’m a Muppet of a man.
- Where to find Indiana Geeking: I am fairly certain you know where to find me on social media, but there’s a couple other websites I use fairly regularly, where you might want to keep an eye on me!
- Letterboxd – I know I’ve mentioned this on more than one occasion, but just in case you weren’t aware, here it is! Letterboxd is where I keep track of all the movies I watch, be it on television, Netflix, or at the theater. I have a goal for this year on there, and it’s just a fun site for those who enjoy movies!
- Goodreads – I’ve written about this on the blog before, but it’s nice to have a reminder every once in a while. I’m making a concentrated effort to carve time out of my day to actually read a book, or listen to a book if it comes up at the library. This is where I keep track of them. So, if you’re wondering what I’m reading? Here you go!
- Feed a Blogger! Are you looking to support the blog? Are you looking to help with medical bills? Do you want to help me pay rent? This link gets to to every place that you can help the blog, like buying through Amazon, buying Geeking merch, or even donating!
- Ko-Fi (Immediate) – This enables you to “buy me a coffee” and the money immediately goes to PayPal. This can help with immediate bills!
- Patreon (Long-Term) – This helps long-term, month-to-month. I can not stress this enough, my friends! If people just gave a dollar a month, each, that goes so bloody far for a creator like myself! So please, if you can, throw in here!
- Amazon Affiliate (Long Term) – If you’re shopping through Amazon, then please, feel free to use the Affiliate link! The money isn’t immediate, because I have to hit a “cash out” amount, and then it takes a month or two for the money to become available, to make sure they aren’t paying out and then someone returns a high-end item, but it helps boost the bank account!
- Do you like how the blog looks? Then check out Studio 27 Indy and TikiKitchen Design. I just write this stuff. They’re the ones that make me look good. Also, check out the art page on TikiKitchen Design! There’s some great stuff on there! It’s TikiBitchin!
Am I missing anything? Use one of those contact links to give me a shout! Have a great week, and I’ll see you later! Tony