Hello again, and welcome to another episode of Social Sci-fi. For this special episode, I’m not talking about a show or a movie. Instead, I’m talking about a little convention I was able to help out with this past October, called VoltCon. As I was there, I decided to break out the podcast equipment and interview guests, vendors, and attendees. I was having such a great time, and I was hearing all kinds of wonderful feedback, so I wanted to talk to people about the con. Then, when the show was over and the dust settled a bit, I invited the organizers behind this local show over to the Geek Cave Studios for a full interview about the process of putting on a “small but mighty” convention celebrating the 35th birthday of Voltron.
This is part one of a two part special. In the first part, I interview Kevin, Patrick, and Savannah, who were the crew behind the show. In addition, I have teasers of my talks with a show sponsor, the person behind the art used for the convention, and a couple of the guests. Next Friday, November 29th, I’ll have the full interviews with everyone I interviewed at the show, from vendors to attendees, to get their thoughts on this first-year convention.
So, sit back, and let us fill your ears for the next fifty two and a half minutes with talk of giant robots!
- 0:01 – 0:21 “Postcards” by Scott Holmes
- 0:21 – 0:57 Introductions – VoltCon Organizers
- 0:58- 43:01 – Discussion with VoltCon Organizers
- 43:02 – 43:14 Introduction – Comic Carnival (Sponsor)
- 43:15 – 44:39 Tim Reynolds, Comic Carnival
- 44:40 – 44:47 Introduction – VoltCon Graphic Designer
- 44:48 – 45:51 Tom Soltis, Graphic Artist
- 45:52 – 45:55 Introduction – Let’s Voltron! Podcast
- 45:56 – 48:02 Marc Morrell and Greg Tyler, Let’s Voltron! Podcast (Guests)
- 48:03 – 48:09 Introduction – Jeremy Corray
- 48:10 – 51:07 Jeremy Corray, former Creative Director, World Events Productions (Guest)
- 51:07 – 52:34 “Epic Cinematic” by Scott Holmes
- 51:25 – 52:30 Outro
Links of note!
- Where to find the guests online!
- VoltCon 2019
- The Shake Ups
- Comic Carnival
- Samoht Lion
- Let’s Voltron! Podcast
- Jeremy well, we’re not entirely sure where you can find him personally, but he did mention Coolfire Studio and talked about his time at World Events Productions.
- Where to find Lizz online!
- Mentioned in the episode:
- Music featured on this Episode
- Opening track: “Postcards” by Scott Holmes
- Closing track: “Epic Cinematic” by Scott Holmes
- All tracks off of Scott Holmes’ “Documentary & TV Series”, used under non-commercial/attribution license through the Free Music Archive (LINK).
- Where to find the Podcast online!
- This blog!
- Google Music Please subscribe!
- Stitcher Radio Please subscribe, rate, and review!
- Apple Podcasts Please subscribe, rate, and review!
- Where to find Social Sci-Fi online!
- Support the Podcast’s Host
All notes for this episode can be found at http://geekinginindiana.com/ssf-y1sp2/
Thank you all for listening! As always, be excellent to each other, and to yourselves! We’ll see you all soon!
Leave a Reply