I have really enjoyed building models and prop replicas as a hobby. For the past 25 years, I’ve done this off and on again, and now I am back on. Of course, I’m documenting what I’m working on, and posting it on here. This page is intended to be a one-stop reference spot for all of these posts. There will be some crossover with the Costume Initiative page, but this will mainly be focused on building prop replicas and model kits, in addition to my jumping on to the 3D Printing bandwagon. Some of these will be tutorial-style, some of these will be “Look! I made the thing!”-type posts. None will be done fast, but they will hopefully be pretty dang cool.
- Building – Piles of Resin, Boxes of Plastic: I have a smattering of model kits hanging around the house. What do I have to build?
- 2018 – A Year of Building (1/25/2018): I’m putting a renewed focus on building in 2018, and finishing off a lot of these hanging threads that I’ve left over the years. I’ll be doing this one project at a time, but I need a place to work on those projects. Well, here’s the start!
Project: USS Reliant AMT/Ertl Model Kit
- Assessing the Kit: The USS Reliant model kit is twenty years old, and while it’s decent, there are extra pieces that can be added to make it look more impressive, accurate, and just nicer. I take a look at some of these additions.
Adventures in 3D Printing
- Adventures in 3D Printing (5/16/2019): I’ve been talking about 3D Printing on Social Media since the end of March. Where am I sitting on this new-to-me method of building?
- Progress! (7/26/2019): It’s been a few months since I last touched base on this, though I’ve been actively writing about it on Social Media. What’s been going on?
- Dice Towers, Planters, and More! (12/5/2019): A few more months have passed. Have I learned anything? Have I completed anything? Are you going to read this many words?