Last week, my brain started going a mile a minute at around 11:45 one night as I was trying to go to sleep. This led me to some ideas that could be used for Tuesday Tidbits, that while it would be some more work, would be a lot better and help a few more people than just posting a few online shows. So, starting this week, I’m giving information on important dates leading up to next month’s election, I’m making sure to update the list of local creators that could use your eyes on their work (and, honestly, your money for it, if you can!), and I’m starting to provide information on friends local podcasts, if they have new episodes. Plus, just to give you some insight, I’m going ahead and including what I’m watching, reading, and playing over the course of the previous week, since the family is going through television series every night at dinner, I’m playing video games a bit more, and I’m reading a chapter or two every night before bed.
All of this was in notes like “take more pet pictures” which I think we can all agree would be a very good idea.
With this said, I’m going to go ahead and jump into what’s happening.
What’s happening for Online Geeks?
October starts on Thursday!
- October 5th: Deadline to register to vote in Indiana!
- October 6th – November 2nd: Absentee In-Person (Early) Voting in Indiana!
- October 9th: Kinda Nerdy Night Out at the Drive In! Okay, it’s not a virtual event, but a drive-in theater is good social distancing and gets you out of the house pretty safely. Our friends with the Kinda Nerdy Girls Podcast are hosting an 80’s drive-in night. Check the link to keep up with information as it comes in!
- October 9th – 12: Gary Con presents Autumn Revel! The Gary Con gaming convention in Wisconsin is holding an online convention, to figure things out for the inevitable 2021 Virtual Conventions!
- October 16th – 18th: Multiverse Science Fiction & Fantasy Convention! It’s another online convention, this time based out of Atlanta, GA. 100% virtual, free to attend, so might be worth checking out?
- October 22nd: Deadline to request absentee ballot in Indiana!
November? Not too far off, honestly.
- November 3rd: Election Day, Absentee Ballots must be received by this day via mail, or by noon in person!
- November 14th: Virtual THANKS4GIVING 2020! Hosted by Who’s Yer Gamers, their yearly fund drive is going virtual. Instead of cans of food, they’re asking for a $10 donation, to go towards the Anchor House Family Assistance Center and Pantry. Watch the page to see what’s happening on which platform!
- This Week: Let’s take a look at local artist David Lee Pancake! If you have ever gone through Artist’s Alley at Gen Con, you will recognize his fantasy and science fiction art and sculpture. Take a look at his site, and get some stuff to change up the looks of the walls you’ve been staring at since March!
- Past artist: Bath Omens! Ran by Jess, who many of you might know as Kahahuna, this is a great place to get handmade soaps, bath bombs, shampoo bars, and other fun, smell-good items. Personally, I am a fan of the shampoo bars, and both Lizz and my mother think her bath bombs are great. You need to stay on top of it, though, because she makes everything by hand, and items sell out quick!
You probably have an abundance of time on your hands, still, so why don’t you fill your earholes with the voices of some of your favorite local Geeks? Here’s a rundown of the local Geeky shows that I’m aware of, and starting soon, I’ll let you know when new episodes are coming out! ALSO, if I’ve forgotten your podcast, I’m so sorry! I haven’t had time to listen since 2018, and I’ve forgotten a LOT!
- Anthology – The Twilight Zone Podcast
- The Brandon Peters Show
- Comic Carnival Comic Junkies Podcast
- The Established Facts Podcast
- The Five(ish) Fangirls Podcast
- Heart Beats: A Heartwarming Fantasy
- Kinda Nerdy Girls Podcast
- The Obsessive Viewer Podcast
- Red Mage Blue Mage
- Tales from Mauxferry
- Tower Junkies
What’s happening at the Geek Cave?
- Today’s Picture: The Geek Dog, living a ruff life.
- What’s keeping me entertained? I mean, there’s not much else going on right now, so let’s see what’s keeping me entertained. Affiliate links, natch.
- Support Team Geeking: Do you want to know how you can support the folx who bring you the blog, podcasts, and everything else we do?
- TikiKitchen Inc.! All of the branding images you see on the blog are thanks to the fine folx at TikiKitchen! They have been indispensable to the blog ever since I started getting serious with it a few years ago. Take a look, and see if they can help you with your branding, website design, and more!
- Geeking in Indiana! That’s us! Here’s a blog post that tells you how you can help the blog with recurring bills, and new equipment costs.
As always, we hope you have a great week! Remember, if you have an online event coming up, either leave the info in the comments below, or drop it to me using any of the contact methods listed on the sidebar!