Matt loves watching bad movies in his basement. Josh is not a fan of watching bad movies. Matt brings Josh into his basement (the Subterranean Fun Pit, or “SFP”), and shows him bad movies, trying to get him to admit to liking one of them. And thus, the You’re Gonna Love This… Or Not… (YGLToN, pronounced “Eagleton”) Podcast was born.
Part of the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts, YGLToN will be a monthly podcast, featuring Matt and Josh talking about some pretty bad movies. Trust me, I have to sit there while they watch them!
Produced by Mike Wickliff, edited by Lizz Schunn and Tony Troxell, and part of the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts, this podcast will contain harsh language, and many times will review R rated films, so it is not recommended for children. Music for the promo, and each episode, courtesy of Scott Holmes, an artist on the Free Music Archive. Tracks are taken from his album “Happy Music”, which can be found here, and used under the Attribution/Non-Commercial Creative Commons License!
NOTE: You’re Gonna Love This… or Not has an explicit tag for harsh language, plus many of the films they’re reviewing are rated “R”. This podcast is not suitable for family listening, is NSFW, and should not be placed in reach of children.
You can find YGLToN on the following sites:
- Stitcher Radio Please, rate and review!
- Apple Podcasts Please, rate and review!
- Google Music
Year Two (2020)
- Episode 1: Tammy and the T-Rex (1/17) – Matt and Josh kick off year two with the guys from the Spark of Madness podcast, with a classic love story of a boy, a girl, and an animatronic dinosaur.
- Episode 2: Mac and Me (2/21) – Matt and Josh take a look at this classic alien-stuck-on-Earth film!
- Episode 3: Mannequin On The Move (3/20) – Matt and Josh continue their celebration of all directors, but mainly Stewart Raffill, with this Kristy Swanson film!
- Episode 4: Ice Pirates (4/17) – Matt and Josh are joined by Jacob as they wrap up their celebration of all directors, but mainly Stewart Raffill with the film that caused Jacob to ask, “They knew how to make movies in 1984, so what happened here?”
- Episode 5: The “Lost” Episode (5/15) – You’ve heard Matt and Josh talk about the episode they recorded that was so bad, they weren’t going to air it. Well, with the pandemic, we figured things couldn’t get any worse, so here you go!
- Episode 6: Bait (6/19) – Matt and Josh are joined by Producer Mike in this remote session, where they start the Summer of the Shark with Bait.
- Episode 7: The Meg (7/17) – Matt, Josh, and Producer Mike get together via Zencastr once more, as they continue the Summer of the Shark with The Meg.
- Episode 8: 47 Meters Down: Uncaged (8/21) – Summer of the Shark gets wrapped up as Matt, Josh, and Producer Mike remotely assemble once more for 47 Meters Down: Uncaged.
- Episode 9: The Last Shark (9/18) – Just when Josh thought it was safe to go back into the water, Matt rolls the Summer of the Shark into Sharktember!
- Episode 10 (Coming 10/30)
- Episode 11 (Coming 11/20)
- Episode 12 (Coming 12/18)
Year One (2019)
- Episode 1: Cannibal! The Musical (1/18) – Matt and Josh sit down for the first ever recording of YGLToN. What will Josh think of this rollicking musical about a craving for human flesh?
- Episode 2: Jaws The Revenge (2/15) – Matt and Josh sit down for the final film of the Jaws quadrilogy! This time, it’s personal.
- Episode 3: No Holds Barred (3/15) – Matt and Josh take a look at the wrestling “classic”!
- Episode 4: Race for the Yankee Zephyr (4/19) – Matt and Josh look at this “Ozploitation” film. Will Josh be impressed with Matt’s tales of seeing the filming as a child?
- Episode 5: Short Circuit 2 (5/17) – Matt and Josh are joined by Matt Hurt from The Obsessive Viewer Podcast to watch Short Circuit 2. What will Los Locos do to them?
- Episode 6: Fantastic Four (6/21) – Matt and Josh sucker Tim from the Comic Junkies Podcast into the SP to watch 2015’s Fantastic Four.
- Episode 7: The Miami Connection (7/19) – Matt and Josh take a look at the pinnacle of bad midnight movies!
- Episode 8: Mazes & Monsters (8/16) – In honor of Gen Con, Matt and Josh take a look at the Tom Hanks film that cashed in on the Satanic Panic craze in the 80’s.
- Episode 9: Simply Irresistible (9/20) – Matt and Josh are joined by Lizz (Social Sci-Fi Podcast) to talk about love and crabs.
- Episode 10: Spookies (10/18) – Matt and Josh are joined by the Circle City Ghostbusters to talk farting muck monsters.
- Episode 11: Heartbeeps (11/15) – The editor takes revenge on Matt and Josh for months of editing their ranting about bad movies.
- Episode 12: Santa With Muscles (12/20) – Matt and Josh are joined by other members of the Team Geeking Family of Podcasts for their first annual Christmas Party!